REC: Wasabi Vinaigrette TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Wasabi Vinaigrette

2 tsp wasabi paste
1 TBS honey
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sesame oil
1 TBS chopped fresh cilantro leaves
S & P

Mix wasabi paste, honey, and rice iwne vinegar then slowly drizzle in both oils. Add the cilantro and s & p and mix again.

NOTE: This really wasn't hot like I wanted so I added some Chilula hot sauce. It's still not hot enough so I'm going to go add more wasabi paste.

I just served it mixed in a fresh spring mix - it wasn't quite spicy enough for me. I wanted it to give some bite to the salmon burgers that I served on top of the salad. But I realize now I made a mistake. I forgot to mix the powder with water to make 1 tsp. of wasabai paste - so I just used the powder - I'm going to re-make some todaythe right way!

lyndalou said:
Let us know if it's hot enough. Love the idea of serving it with the fishburgers.

Three words - sinuses? What sinuses!

lol - I did mix the powder and water together this time. In just tasting the dressing with my finger I didn't think it was that hot but once on the salad it opened up the ol' nose a bit. To cut that heat I just chopped up my salmon burger - it was wonderful though. Next time I might do 1/2 tsp. wasabi paste.

You will love this then. You absolutely taste the wasabi - it has a brief sinus bite - and then it's gone.

Back
Top Bottom