Refrigerator life of raw egg salad dressing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swenny

Assistant Cook
How long can you keep a salad dressing in the refrig that uses a eggs?

Personally I wouldn't be using raw unpasteurized eggs in a salad dressing, but that being the case I would consume with 1-2 days at best.

I personally wouldn't eat something with raw eggs, JMHO . . . but if you are using Eggland's Best eggs, their website says that they triple vaccinate their hens again Salmonella.

In any case, I agree with mcnerd . . . 1 to 2 days tops.

...and we have this from the USDA:

Can Shell Eggs Be Pasteurized?
Shell eggs can be pasteurized by a processor if FDA approves the process. Pasteurized shell eggs are now available at some grocery stores. Like all eggs, they must be kept refrigerated. The equipment to pasteurize shell eggs isn't available for home use, and it is not possible to pasteurize shell eggs at home without cooking the contents of the egg.

Shell Eggs from Farm to Table | USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service

Thanks for the info, McNerd and Andy.

I found it hard to believe it could be done at home. I'll go with the USDA.

Can Shell Eggs Be Pasteurized?
Shell eggs can be pasteurized by a processor if FDA approves the process. Pasteurized shell eggs are now available at some grocery stores. Like all eggs, they must be kept refrigerated. The equipment to pasteurize shell eggs isn't available for home use, and it is not possible to pasteurize shell eggs at home without cooking the contents of the egg.

Back
Top Bottom