Roasted Veggie Salad Tnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is a meal with some nice warm bread and butter and either wine or iced tea. My grandson Cade helped me come up with this. He wanted something for his mom and for me that he felt was healthy:LOL: Will he eat any of it? Heck no :LOL: Any way it is tasty and filling.
using two large cookie sheets with sides, fill one of them with 2 cubed, peeled and cut up butternut squash, one good size cut up vidalia onion, 6 cloves sliced garlic, one lb. of diagonal sliced in 1/.3's asparagus, drizzle with evoo,salt and pepper and a few springs of rosemary and a pinch or three of dry thyme. On second tray, slice one head of anise,2 lbs. mushroom leave whole and get the small ones, one Vidalia onion cut up, I put one pack of fresh green beans in a bag on the tray, 6-8 cloves garlic sliced,drizzle with evoo,salt and pepper add some rosemary spring and thyme to taste..I cooked the mushrooms and green beans about 17 min at 375 green beans still crunchy
the squash is still going I figure about25-30 minutes then I'll chill til tomorrow and put everything on a platter of Mache mix and dress with evoo,mustard the grainy kind balsamic and a little honey..
kadesma;)

This is a meal with some nice warm bread and butter and either wine or iced tea. My grandson Cade helped me come up with this. He wanted something for his mom and for me that he felt was healthy:LOL: Will he eat any of it? Heck no :LOL: Any way it is tasty and filling.
using two large cookie sheets with sides, fill one of them with 2 cubed, peeled and cut up butternut squash, one good size cut up vidalia onion, 6 cloves sliced garlic, one lb. of diagonal sliced in 1/.3's asparagus, drizzle with evoo,salt and pepper and a few springs of rosemary and a pinch or three of dry thyme. On second tray, slice one head of anise,2 lbs. mushroom leave whole and get the small ones, one Vidalia onion cut up, I put one pack of fresh green beans in a bag on the tray, 6-8 cloves garlic sliced,drizzle with evoo,salt and pepper add some rosemary spring and thyme to taste..I cooked the mushrooms and green beans about 17 min at 375 green beans still crunchy
the squash is still going I figure about25-30 minutes then I'll chill til tomorrow and put everything on a platter of Mache mix and dress with evoo,mustard the grainy kind balsamic and a little honey..
kadesma;)

Love that dish, Kades! We do something similar for catering, and everyone loves it.
Thanks for letting me know. We have had this several times now and my son in law waits and then if there is any left over snags it to take home.. He say's it makes a great pita sandwich:)
kades

Great minds think alike. Next time he tales the leftovers, tell him to toss it with a some pasta and a bit of your dressing. Another tasty lunch. :)

Great minds think alike. Next time he tales the leftovers, tell him to toss it with a some pasta and a bit of your dressing. Another tasty lunch. :)
Emm, that sounds good. I have a little I stashed for us. Will do the pasta and dinner is all most ready:)
kades

That sure looks good! I made some roasted vegies the other night (cauliflower, mushrooms and onions) and had that with sliced, baked chicken over a simple lettuce/spinach, cabbage salad.

Your salad sounds wonderful. I bet your daughter loved it!

That sure looks good! I made some roasted vegies the other night (cauliflower, mushrooms and onions) and had that with sliced, baked chicken over a simple lettuce/spinach, cabbage salad.

Your salad sounds wonderful. I bet your daughter loved it!
Sounds and looks like I've got a new idea for us..All my kids love cauliflower, mushrooms and onions bingo and thank you for sharing:)
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom