Salad blues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I and my entire family enjoy salad, in summer no problem. But, during the winter months salad becomes a chore at times. I made this for all of us last night and really enjoyed it. I took several red pears and sliced them fairly thick, and then brushed with some walnut oil, a light sprinkle of ground cloves,salt and pepper and roasted them at 400 forturning them one time about 5-7 minutes, I also toasted some walnut pieces when done, I put them on top of some butter lettuce torn into good size pieces and drizzled with a walnut,shallot and some blackberry vinegar dressing..We consumed the whole thing nothing left..:LOL: Pretty good for a change of pace, and went well with the chicken.
kadesma;)

Wow CJ, your creativity and inspiration just gets better and better, don't they!! Very original and appetizing, I may add some shaved aged pecorino, as the pairing of pears and pecorino is such a match made in heaven!:-p

boufa06 said:
Sounds yummy! You can also add some crumbled Roquefort to it.
Oh shoot, I had some but never thought to use it last night. Next time for sure:) Thanks for giving me a wonderful idea.
kadesma

urmaniac13 said:
Wow CJ, your creativity and inspiration just gets better and better, don't they!! Very original and appetizing, I may add some shaved aged pecorino, as the pairing of pears and pecorino is such a match made in heaven!:-p
I think it was sheer panic and not being creative or inspirational:LOL: Had 3 more kids than expected sooooo.
You know I have never had pecorino with pears, I've used parm, and I do like the pecorino I'll have to shave some over the salad and try that out on the gang..Course, we will have to guard the salad from the cheese thief Cade:LOL: that boy wants pecorino or parmesan on everything except his chocolates;)
kadesma

kadesma said:
Course, we will have to guard the salad from the cheese thief Cade:LOL: that boy wants pecorino or parmesan on everything except his chocolates;)
kadesma

See I was right, I always had a feeling Cade may share a twin soul with me:LOL:

Yeah, good, aged pecorino and pears are real treat together, also delicious simply taking a bite out of a fresh pear accompanied by a slab of the cheese!! Do try that!!

urmaniac13 said:
See I was right, I always had a feeling Cade may share a twin soul with me:LOL:

Yeah, good, aged pecorino and pears are real treat together, also delicious simply taking a bite out of a fresh pear accompanied by a slab of the cheese!! Do try that!!
Oh I'll try it, I've several pears left and one of them is MINE:LOL: Plus, a friend brought me a nice slab of pecorino from Philly last week..I'm set..Lunch today.
kadesma

That does it kadesma. We're moving in with you! This salad sounds so good (as does everything you make)!

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
That does it kadesma. We're moving in with you! This salad sounds so good (as does everything you make)!

:) Barbara
Barb, wait, let me go unlock the doors:LOL: It was good Barb, we're having some tomorrow again, this time with some good pecorino shaved on top emmm.
kadedma

NONE of you are going without me!

kadesma - I make something similar - just a simple red wine vinaigrette but I top with pears, just like you, and with fresh blueberries, versus your blueberry vinegar - I can only imagine how wonderful your salad was. You have got to try it with blue cheese - OH MY!

OK - I've got a few things packed - waiting at the curb! It's kinda cold tonight so don't take too long girls!

Ladies,
could you hurry up, the pears are gonna burn!:LOL: Sides I wanna gab:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

kitchenelf said:
NONE of you are going without me!

kadesma - I make something similar - just a simple red wine vinaigrette but I top with pears, just like you, and with fresh blueberries, versus your blueberry vinegar - I can only imagine how wonderful your salad was. You have got to try it with blue cheese - OH MY!

OK - I've got a few things packed - waiting at the curb! It's kinda cold tonight so don't take too long girls!
Elf,
it was a really nice salad, different as I usually dont roast pears or fruit but this was different and we tried it with Licia's pecorino and next time it will be the blue cheese. I do think I'm going to try just a red wine vinegar, my kids like the blackberry and I do too, but, I want the pears to come through more and blackberry kind of masks their sweetness.
kadesma

There's a restaurant here that does a salad with roasted pears. I've always wanted to recreate it. Did you use firm pears?

Sararwelch said:
There's a restaurant here that does a salad with roasted pears. I've always wanted to recreate it. Did you use firm pears?
Yes I used a firm red pear and I cut the slices pretty thick so they wouldn't smoosh up when moving them.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom