Salad or Dessert? TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I still canot decide if this is a salad or a dessert either way it's delicious.
Whisk together 1/2 cup sugar 1/4 cup of Muscat or any sweet wine, and 1/4 cup white Balsamic vinegar jut til the sugar dissolves. Very gently toss the mixture with, 1 lb. of green grapes, 2 baskets of Strawberries cut in half, 1 basket of raspberries, 1 of blueberries, and 1 of blackberries. If one of the berries cannot be found sub with what your grocer has in store. Allow the fruit to sit in the wine mixture for an hour gently toss occasionally to let the flavors marry:yum: I like to put some of the berries in a stemmed glass to serve.A pretty small bowl would work as well.
enjoy
kades

I'd call it a fruit salad so you could eat it at the beginning of your meal. :) It sounds wonderful!

I'd call it a dessert and make it into a fruit parfait using Greek yogurt...my mom used to soak strawberries in white wine, drain them, and layer them with sour cream and brown sugar in those shallow champagne glasses.

I'd call it a dessert and make it into a fruit parfait using Greek yogurt...my mom used to soak strawberries in white wine, drain them, and layer them with sour cream and brown sugar in those shallow champagne glasses.
Cws, your mom was doing the right thing. YOUM I like her idea and will be doing it soon. Thanks.
kades

Now Now there girl, I'm drooling all over the place and can't get to the store. DH took my car to work ACKKKKK.
ma

Just imagine it for a Sunday Brunch, topping a Belgian Waffle and Mimosas for a beverage.

Oh, I am so mean!

PrincessFiona60 said:
Just imagine it for a Sunday Brunch, topping a Belgian Waffle and Mimosas for a beverage.

Oh, I am so mean!

Again, I really do like the way you think! ;)

I would call it delicious, forget naming it salad or dessert! I'm picturing it in my mind, beautiful, Ma!

I have good ideas, but some are hard to implement for our meals. I would be eating it by myself. No fun.
That happens here too. Soo being a stinker myself, I tell everyone it's make your own night and sit down to my salad,dessert all to meself:LOL: I do allow them to sit at the table with me:ROFLMAO:
ma

Back
Top Bottom