Salad spinners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
47f479e18993ef97ec8620e1b89552fb.jpg

You crack me up, AB and CG!

Trading DH in for a whole frog.

Now I'm off of bagged salad for a very long time. And will continue to use my salad spinner, my dishtowel, and my laundry bag.

Last edited:
Me too, Dawg. Too many recalls for salmonella, not to mention dead frogs and snake heads found in the bags. :sick:
I've thought about getting a salad spinner, but I wonder how often I would use it since I almost always just make a salad for one. They're kind of bulky to store and I'm already kind of pressed for cabinet space.
They are bulky to store. They are worse in the dish drying rack.

I bought a cheap, all plastic one years and years ago. It doesn't get used very often, but it is still doing fine.

I recently read that bagged greens are lightly dusted with corn starch or a chemical to keep them separate. I recently bought a bag of cole slaw mixture and it was not as fresh as when I grate the cabbage myself. I do believe I will continue to do the grating myself. Considering I have no children to care for, I have plenty of time. One of the things I didn't like about the bagged product is that they put the core in also. I will pass on that, thank you. Knowing about the corn starch, I made sure I washed it thoroughly. Dried it in a clean towel. :angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom