Salade de Cous Cous aux Crevettes et á la Menthe
SALADE DE COUS COUS AUX CREVETTES ET À LA MENTHE
Cous Cous Salad with Shrimp & Mint
The North African influence is often seen in French cuisine. Here is a lovely salad featuring Shrimp.
1/2 cup Evoo
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 large garlic clove minced
1/2 tsp. celery seed
1/2 tsp. chive ribbon (sub celery seed 1 tsp. if difficult to purchase)
2 cups Cous Cous
2 1/4 cups salted boiling water
1 pound of peeled shrimp ( preferably fresh if possible )
1 1/2 cups chopped seeded and peeled fresh ripe juicy tomato
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup finely chopped scallion or spring onion
1/8 cup fresh mint herb chopped finely
3 tblps drained and rinsed capers
1. whisk the evoo, lemon juice, garlic clove and celery seed in small bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. place cous cous in large bowl and follow cooking instructions on Box; and / or use a Cous Cous Double Boiler Pot made for this dish.
3. fluff the cous cous when done
4. sauté the shrimp, tomato, celery, green onion or scallions of Spring onion, capers and the mint in Evoo
5. do not over cook the shrimp ( sauté last until rosy coral )
6. let stand at room temperature and just before chilling drizzle over the cous cous ...
*** nice low calorie week day lunch or dinner
Have a lovely wkend.