Scallop Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is easy on the hostess:LOL: Is a wonderful salad. Make early in the day and chill. take 2 lbs. of small scallops drop them into rapidly boiling water for
30 seconds.Drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a bowl together with the white and green parts of2/3 cup of thinly sliced onions. Whisk together 1/3 cup evoo,1/4 cup each of veggie oil and red wine vinegar, 2 tab. of minced shallots,1-2 tea. of cumin,1/2 tea. sugar, salt amd pepper to taste, pinch of cayenne, Off to the side you should have 4 tomatoes peeled and seeded then cut into strips. 2 cups of shredded lettuce, I use torn butter with some arugula thrown in. and fresh flat leaf parsley say about 5-6 tab. chopped. Whisk the salad ingredients well Put the shredded lettuce on a large platter or individual plates Put the scallop mixture with a slotted spoon on the lettuce spread the tomatoes around the scallops sprinkle with the vinaigrette and the chopped parsley.OOOps forgot to add Pour the Oils,vinegar,shallots,cumin,salt , pepper sugar,cayenne over the scallops and refrigerate for 2 hours then use the slotted spoon to put the scallops on the lettuce. Sorry guys.
kadesma

Last edited:
Place in a bowl together with the white and green parts of2/3 cup of thinly sliced onions.

Thanks kadesma, I only recently learned that scallops are what we call capesante in Italy, thanks to Gordon Ramsay and his Hell Kitchen. It looks like they cook just scallops, risotto, and that piece of meat enclosed in a crust...
Need to check their price, I think they are not cheap. Did you used frozen scallops?

Kadesma,

Sea Scallops, are quite a delicacy in the Iberian Peninsula ... Unfortunately, they have their short lived season; Late November through February.

However, made note of your nice salad.

Kind regards and have a lovely August.
Margaux.

Thanks kadesma, I only recently learned that scallops are what we call capesante in Italy, thanks to Gordon Ramsay and his Hell Kitchen. It looks like they cook just scallops, risotto, and that piece of meat enclosed in a crust...
Need to check their price, I think they are not cheap. Did you used frozen scallops?
Yes they were frozen then defrosted. Quite good. Enjoy Luca.
kades:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom