Simple Summer Salads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got this recipe last year at a picnic, Its so easy, but a lil preplanning is neccesary
I don't have any left when I bring anywhere. Now with cucumbers from the garden the recipe comes in handy. Letting the cucumbers sit, you won't believe the water that comes out of them, Its a must to drain or your salad will be very watery.

Creamy Cucumber Salad
Ingredients
4 cucumbers, thinly sliced (3 to 4 pounds)
2 small red onions, thinly sliced in half rounds
Kosher salt or sea salt
4 cups (32 ounces) plain whole-milk yogurt
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 cup minced fresh dill
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
Directions
Mix the cucumbers, red onions, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt in a bowl. Pour them into a colander and suspend it over a bowl. Wrap the bowl and colander with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator to drain for at least 4 hours or overnight. Discard the liquid that collects in the bowl.
Pour the yogurt into a colander lined with a paper towel and suspend it over another bowl. Wrap the bowl and colander in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Discard the liquid that collects in the second bowl.
When the cucumbers are ready, roll them up in paper towels or a kitchen towel and press the towel lightly to remove most of the liquid.
Place the cucumbers and yogurt in a large bowl with the sour cream, vinegar, dill, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper. Toss well and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and serve chilled.

Back
Top Bottom