Special Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
To 1 lb. of Crab or baby sized shrimp put this in a large bowl, add celery hearts cut on the slant I use the tiny thin pale celery stalks from the center of the celery add one good sized avocado cut in slices salt and pepper all. Now add evoo and your favorite vinegar mine being white balsamic. Toss and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hrs. Serve over your choice of lettuce mine being freeze, baby arugula top with a slice of tomato. When son-in- law isn't looking I often add anchovy fillets to this as well.
kades

I can just see you doing this too, Kades. Slipping in some anchovies on the sly.

We once went to a "popular" seafood chain resto., the one with the good cheesy biscuits. I ordered a caesar salad. Imagine my disappointment when there were no anchovies across the top. But O My. The dressing, very fresh tasting, not bottled, had a very smashed anchovy background. They did this up right. Just call it a secret ingredient.:yum:

I can just see you doing this too, Kades. Slipping in some anchovies on the sly.

We once went to a "popular" seafood chain resto., the one with the good cheesy biscuits. I ordered a caesar salad. Imagine my disappointment when there were no anchovies across the top. But O My. The dressing, very fresh tasting, not bottled, had a very smashed anchovy background. They did this up right. Just call it a secret ingredient.:yum:
I've had that great dressing several time, love it. They hit the nail on the head with this one, but I'd still like some little fishies on top:LOL:
kades

I'm checking for lump crab when I hit Costco in an hour...I want Special Salad AND Crab Cakes. I think this will finally be my Birthday dinner!!

I got a quart size lump crab and 5 avocados...making this tonight! Thanks, Ma...birthday was a couple weeks ago, just now feeling like having my BD dinner.

I got a quart size lump crab and 5 avocados...making this tonight! Thanks, Ma...birthday was a couple weeks ago, just now feeling like having my BD dinner.
Sorry I WAS LATE AS USUAL:ohmy: but enjoy that BD dinner now.:yum:
ma

Back
Top Bottom