Spinach-Dried Cranberry Salad Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anne

Senior Cook
SPINACH-DRIED CRANBERRY SALAD

I love spinach salad, so I was very happy when a friend gave me this recipe. It's delicious!

Serves 4-6.

1- 6 ounce package baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt to taste
Freshly cracked black pepper corns
3 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
2 Tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries

In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, mustard and olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste.

At serving time, drizzle the dressing over the spinach leaves and toss lightly. (Note: the dressing may be heated and poured over the spinach leaves also).

Place a small amount of the dressed spinach leaves on individual plates, sprinkle dried cranberries and toasted pine nuts on top and serve.

Anne,
your recipe looks wonderful...Once the spinach scare here is over and spinach is safe and available again..I'll be putting this on the table. Thank you.

kadesma:)

Though the salad sounds delish! Sounds suitable for a cool fall night OR a nice summer salad!...

I will wait(unfortunatly) until the FDA clears my favorite leafy green for eatible-ness.

Thanks for sharing!

Your Spinach-dried Cranberry Salad receipe sounds great. I will make a copy for my receipe book.

Enjoy your salad and have a nice day.

Jill and Jolie

Anne, it is a wonderful recipe and I'm thinking about growing my own spinach this fall. I've done so before and used the baby leaves as they get large enough - It lasts quite a while in the fall. I'll certainly make the recipe.

licia said:
Anne, it is a wonderful recipe and I'm thinking about growing my own spinach this fall. I've done so before and used the baby leaves as they get large enough - It lasts quite a while in the fall. I'll certainly make the recipe.

Great idea licia! You'll know exactly what goes into your spinach. It's too cold up here to start a fall crop, snow will be falling soon, but what a great idea for anyone else that has longer seasons. I wonder how well it would do as an indoor crop? I do know it's suppose to be seeded outdoors in early spring here, but hey who knows, it may grow indoors during the winter when the days get a bit longer, and no doubt it will be cheaper than anything bagged or fresh when the scare is over.

You know, I never thought about this e coli thing when I posted this recipe, but I'm glad everyone else did! That's a real scare right now.

Licia, some of our friends here have winter gardens. I'd love to grow some spinach and also some cauliflower. I just asked DH whether he would plant some, and he said he would. Do you want to race to see whose spinach is ready first? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom