Stuffed avocado-idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I have avocado's i needed to use so, I cut them in half, seeded and peeled them, I then sliced of some of the bottom so they would'nt rock and roll. I took a melon baller and scooped out some of the middle to make the openning larger for filling. The bottoms and what I scooped out I put in a blender, added some mayo, not much some evoo, salt,pepper,tabasco, and rice vinegar and shallots and blended it. This is going over the filling as the dressing.My filling is finely diced tomato,onion,cucumbers,artichoke hearts,
parsley, diced baby shrimp, salt,pepper,tabasco and lemon juice..We've tasted both the dressing and the filling both are pretty good. One nice thing is digging around and using things from pantry and garden and your own imagination:LOL: Just thought I'd share our adventure with you.

kadesma:)

Last edited:
That sounds good!! Your always coming up with good ways to change up the ordinary. Thanks for sharing!!!

texasgirl said:
That sounds good!! Your always coming up with good ways to change up the ordinary. Thanks for sharing!!!
Hi Texas:) you're welcome, so far it tastes pretty good. Having tri-tip with it and garlic parmesan bread, corn on the cob, grilled with butter and thyme. and I made brownies and put a thick layer of ice cream on top then froze it, When I go to serve it I'm crumbling chocolate cookies over the top...emmmm:LOL:

kadesma

kadesma said:
Having tri-tip with it and garlic parmesan bread, corn on the cob, grilled with butter and thyme. and I made brownies and put a thick layer of ice cream on top then froze it, When I go to serve it I'm crumbling chocolate cookies over the top...emmmm:LOL:

You're killing me here.:LOL:

Half Baked said:
You're killing me here.:LOL:
Sorry HB:LOL: next time I'll have you come join us, we had so much fun.. Ane everyone is as full as a tick:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Constance said:
Lawdy, Kadesma...If I lived with you, I'd weigh 400 lbs. :-p
Hi Connie, Don't worry about gaining weight here,do what I do take a taste of everything and then stand back, the kids take care of the rest:LOL: plus they divy up leftovers...

Gretchen said:
Toss some cooked shrimp in and you have a total meal.
I did Gretchen, just some of the small diced baby shrimp, it was good but really filling. I ended up just eating the stuffed avocado and a slice of tri-tip and a half slice of bread,,

Barbara L said:
Isn't that the truth! I'd be willing to risk it though!

:) Barbara
:LOL: Hey Barb, you're on James too, anytime, there is always plenty :LOL:

kadesma

Try an avocado with smoked salmon, finely diced seeded cucumber, 1/2'd cocktail tomatos, a mint aioli ( yes!) and lots of fresh ground pepper and salt.

Yumster!!:)

Thanks for the tasty idea, CJ!! Cris is now a big fan of avocados, thanks to me:-p we are always looking for a new idea. This will be on our list to be tried, I would like to try it with other seafood as well, like anchovy fillet, smoked salmon, crab flakes etc...:)

urmaniac13 said:
Thanks for the tasty idea, CJ!! Cris is now a big fan of avocados, thanks to me:-p we are always looking for a new idea. This will be on our list to be tried, I would like to try it with other seafood as well, like anchovy fillet, smoked salmon, crab flakes etc...:)
Hi Licia,
emm smoked salmon, anchovy, crab. yummy. I was just fooling around in there yesterday and grabbed what ever was at hand so I used some baby shrimp that I had, all your suggestions sound wonderful. I love anchovies and crab so, That's what is so nice with a recipe like this, you make it up and then add and change things around it makes for some tasty dishes.

Lynan said:
Try an avocado with smoked salmon, finely diced seeded cucumber, 1/2'd cocktail tomatos, a mint aioli ( yes!) and lots of fresh ground pepper and salt.

Yumster!!:)
Thanks Lynan,
I'll have to give your idea a try it sounds wonderful..I love getting new ideas.

Thanks for that recipe!!!

I have to admit that over the years, except for Guacamole, the only other ways I've enjoyed avocados has been to either fill the cavities with salad dressing, or to fill them with a light crabmeat salad topped with Remoulade sauce.

Back
Top Bottom