Stuffed Chix breast Salad-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is so nice for lunch..We love it.
You need 2 large chicken breasts halved, 1 c. halved walnuts, 1 cup shredded jack cheese, 1 med. red bell pepper, chopped fine, 2-3 Tab. finely sliced green onions, 2 Tab. butter,2 Tab. veggie oil and 2 whole cloves of garlic,salt and pepper and 2 qts. greens, arugula,endive,frisee,radicchio...Toast the walnuts..Cut a pocket in the chicken then stuff with a mix of cheese,peppers and onions and and then brown the chicken on both sides in the butter,oil and garlic til brown on each side.Take out the garlic so it doesn't burn.Remoive from skillet and place on baking sheet salt and pepper then bake at 350 about 20 min. Let cool, arrange the greens on a platter of individual plates..When cool slice the chicken and place carfully on greens then top with your dressing. I used a walnut oil,dill,evoo dressing then garnish with the toasted walnuts.Serve with a nice warm roll or some warm sliced crusty bread and favorite wine, or ice tea.
I served 4 with it this way.
kadesma:)

This sounds so good, kadesma. Reminded me of a recipe for chicken breasts stuffed with feta cheese & walnuts. (Will try to post when I find it again.) Didn't occur to me to turn it into a salad. Do you add some of the walnuts to the cheese mixture as well? TIA Will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
This sounds so good, kadesma. Reminded me of a recipe for chicken breasts stuffed with feta cheese & walnuts. (Will try to post when I find it again.) Didn't occur to me to turn it into a salad. Do you add some of the walnuts to the cheese mixture as well? TIA Will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Amy,
No I didn't add walnuts to the cheese mixture, but, that is a great idea for next time...Thanks for the idea:)
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom