Summer Salads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halfpintohoney

Assistant Cook
:chef:Summer is here, and aren't we glad??
There is nothing better then, having the ability to make your favorite meals in the comfort of your own home, and have them taste like they were made by a master chef! The first thing is that the fresher your ingredients, the better the taste! So use your emagination and see what kind of sensational combinations you can come up with, and enjoy some of the greatest homemade salads you've ever made!

Lets get out our favorite BBQ and Sunday afternoon Salad recipes and post them here!!!

Creamy Cucumber Salad Serves 4-6

INGREDIENTS:
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Red Onion, quartered & thinly sliced
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
3 Large Cucumbers, (cubed)

2 tsp, white vinegar
1 tsp, white Sugar
4-6 Red Radishes, quartered & thinly sliced
2 tbsp, fresh Dill, Chopped
1/2 cup of Creamy
Cucumber Salad Dressing
Sprinkle of Paprika

*Optional: Try adding a 1/2 cup of thinly sliced apples to this mix, Yummy! It gives it such a unique taste! Cranberries are also a great addition!*

DIRECTIONS:
A) In a large bowl combine,Vinegar, Garlic, Radishes, Onion & Cucumber together!
B) Let marinade while you mix the creamy sauce.
C) In a small mixing bowl combine, Dill, Cucumber dressing, & Sugar. Mix well
D) Combine both bowls together, into the large mixing bowl.
E) Top with tomatoes & sprinkle with paprika.
Serve as a light dinner or a side! Goes great with grilled chicken breasts on he side!

Cool Cucumber Salad

Crisp Summer salads

Some of you have taken that lead already and I'm going to follow.

When I think summer, I think fresh, crisp, and most importantly refreshing.

A summer salad doesn't have to be something elaborate and a few simple ingredients added can do the trick.

Some of my favorite:

Pineapple + Walnuts / Pine Nuts | Oranges + Almonds

Cranberries + Pistachios + Raisins.

Really most combinations of fruits and nuts will work well for a nice summer salad.

A nice sweet vinaigrette dressing to top it off will be the perfect touch.

There is nothing like making your own dressings (I recommend a Pomegranate one)

I really enjoy what I would call a simple green salad that showcases lettuces from local farms along with a vinaigrette that pairs flavors with the rest of the meal.

Local red leaf, arugula, boston (butter), etc. Some fresh herbs too depending on what is paired with it.

I like baby spinach with sliced strawberries (or dried cranberries) walnuts or almonds, and grilled chicken, with a raspberry vinigrette dressing.

Back
Top Bottom