"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Salads & Salad Dressings
Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #11
Executive Chef
Claire: St. Augustine - Ponce de León

Buon Giorno Claire,

Thank you for your feedback ...

St. Augustine, has a Spanish flavour ... It actually was not an American city until the mid 1800s ... Thus, it still has preserved picturesque Spanish architecture ... It was founded in the 1500s ... The coastline is impressive and in 1980 it only had 12.000 residents ... However, tt has grown quite a bit due to the Snow Bird Residents ... though not like the Miami Beaches or Fort Lauderdale & Boca Raton & Palm Beach and the rest of southern Florida ...

I am pleased to hear that you enjoy Niçoise too ...

Any vacation plans yet ?

I shall be headed to our Condo in Puglia in 2 weeks and in August, we are driving up to Zürich to see Nathalia, our younger daughter and Naia, our older daughter and her family shall be flying over to Zürich, for our family summer reunion and to celebrate the birthdays of The Vet and Nathalia.

Have a lovely Tuesday.
Ciao, Margi.

Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #12
Master Chef
Don't I wish. Our discretionary income went to spending the better part of a month in Florida, getting our parents home, into physical therapy, "doing" Easter and Mom's birthday. We came home to a friend's death. Then our car tried to die on us, my dog had a seizure, and now a friend managed to break her leg.

I really don't mean to whine. I live in a "vacation destination" town, so any time I want to play tourist, I just walk to Main Street and spend the day. But I've never found someone who I can trust to spend a few days in my house and care for my dog. I swore to husband that we'd get our next dog used to being in kennels so we could take vacations. Hasn't happened.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #13
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Buon Giorno Lynda,

It is always a pleasure to receive your Feedback.

We love classic Niçoise salad and with temperatures in Madrid up to 91 farenheit, 40 centigrade degrees; I had decided to prepare our family favorite Niçoise ... and it is a true healthy and balanced option ...

Where exactly are you in Florida ?

I believe I had mentioned, my older daughter is in Saint Augustine and My Mom is in a private nursing home resort, in Miami Beach. I had lived in South Miami Beach for 3 years during the late 1980s.

Kind Regards,
Ciao, Margi.
We live in Central Florida just south of Ocala. We were in St. Augustine just about a month or so ago for a few days. It's a great place to visit, so beautiful. We spent Christmas down at the Keys with our daughter and her family. Had a great time, but prefer a quieter life, having lived most of our lives in a very small town in upstate New York.
I can resist anything, but temptation. Oscar Wilde
lyndalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Buonasera ...

Ocala / Orlando area ... I have a very dear old lady friend who was born in Cuba, however, immigrated to Miami in 1960. Since 2010, she has been living with her daughter in Ocala vicinity ...

She is not too well unfortunately and due to her illness, we are unable to keep in touch. Her daughter calls me a few times yearly to keep me abreast ...

Must be quite hot over there too being inland ...

Have a lovely summer ...

Ciao and Have a nice Tues.

Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote

eggs, recipe, tuna, vegetables

Summertime Niçoise? :chef: The Niçoise Salad which originated on the Mediterranean Coast of Nice, in southern France, is a popular salad throughout the Mediterranean and across the seven seas ... I have been preparing it for years for lunch, as it is one of my faves ... Have a lovely Monday evening ... NIÇOISE SALAD :yum: :yum: 200 ml. Evoo 1 bay leaf 4 fresh thyme swigs 400g Cuca Brand Jarred Ventresca Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil 240 grams fresh Green Beans ( French style ): blanched to tender 1 green bell pepper julienne white wine vinegar 1 spinach or rocket 1 escarola or Romaine 4 tomatoes red and ripe or Cherry Tomatoes 4 hard boiled eggs anchovies black kalamata olives 2 red onions sliced thinly 1. Rinse all fresh vegetables and pat dry 2. Place all the vegetables sliced finely in bowl 3. Salt and freshly black pepper the salad and toss the two types of lettuces chosen 4. drain the tuna, pat dry and place carefully with hard boiled eggs 5.garnish with the anchovies and the Kalamata I serve with crusty warm bread and sip a Prosecco. Kind Regards. :smile: Margaux Cintrano. 3 stars 1 reviews