Swiss Cheese salad-Rec-tnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Before summer slips away you might like to give this a try. It's a family favorite on a warm fall afternoon, sitting in our backyard, watching the kids play, talking and laughing as my son in law grills...See what you think. Put
about a pound of swiss cheese cubed in a bowl and then add about 8 ounces of cubed mortadella and a half cup of sweet pickles chopped, add 1/3 c. evoo, 2 Tab. grainy mustard, 1 Tab. vinegar, I use rice, fresh cracked pepper and some salt...Toss to coat well then place some salad greens about 2 heads butter lettuce torn on a platter and arrange the cheese and meat on top, enjoy-----when adding your evoo and mustard the amount isn't set in stone, so add more or less to you taste..maybe even a sweet hot mustard to liven up things :LOL:
kadesma

Sounds along the same vein as an antipasto salad I make sometimes for sides or snacks.

I cube up cheese (swiss, gruyere, provolone, etc.), pepperoni, hard salami, cappacole ham, etc., etc., & mix up with chopped pickled hot peppers, chopped pitted green olives, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, minced garlic, chopped parsley, & all tossed with some good red wine vinegar & extra-virgin olive oil.

It's a wonderful thing to have a bowl of in the fridge for a few days - if it lasts that long - lol!!

Oh my goodness, she is unstoppable!! She just came out of the hospital and she is already busy in the kitchen!! Someone go stop her, tie her down in a cozy sofa and bring her all the goodies she needs!!:ROFLMAO:

It's so good to see you being yourself CJ, that's more like it!!:) The salad sounds soooo good, I love mortadella and emmenthal together, such a great combination!! I would try sprinkling a crushed pistacchio over the salad, in Italy they also sell mortadella with pistacchio inside, it's so very delicious!!

Welcome back, Ma!!

Oh my goodness, she is unstoppable!! She just came out of the hospital and she is already busy in the kitchen!! Someone go stop her, tie her down in a cozy sofa and bring her all the goodies she needs!!:ROFLMAO:

It's so good to see you being yourself CJ, that's more like it!!:) The salad sounds soooo good, I love mortadella and emmenthal together, such a great combination!! I would try sprinkling a crushed pistacchio over the salad, in Italy they also sell mortadella with pistacchio inside, it's so very delicious!!

Welcome back, Ma!!
Thanks licia,
I'm not doing much in the kitchen, right now just little things..The girls are learning some of the things I do so they help.
I'll have to try the crushed pistashios over the top the kids love them as do I. I do buy the Mortadella with pistashios when they have it and it's my favorite.Cade put on his apron I got for him yesterday and came in to tell me he was ready when I felt better to sit and watch to make cookies:LOL: My "Cade the best medicine.
kadesma:)

Thanks licia,
I'm not doing much in the kitchen, right now just little things..The girls are learning some of the things I do so they help.
I'll have to try the crushed pistashios over the top the kids love them as do I. I do buy the Mortadella with pistashios when they have it and it's my favorite.Cade put on his apron I got for him yesterday and came in to tell me he was ready when I felt better to sit and watch to make cookies:LOL: My "Cade the best medicine.
kadesma:)

You go boy Cade!! You are in good hands of the sweet angel, I can trust he will take goood care of you, better than any nurses at the hospital ever could!!;)

Back
Top Bottom