tabouli, quinoa and quail egg salad
Easy to prepare, cool, summery & a bit different ...
Ingredients for 2:
300 grams of Peruvian quinoa
3 firm yet ripe red tomatoes
2 spring onions
1 lime or lemon
4 tblsps. fresh chopped parsley
2 tblsps. fresh mint herb or fresh basil
1 tblsp. snipped chive herb
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Evoo & Balsamic Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar
4 quail eggs
150 grams of Dry Red Alubia Beans
1. wash the quinoa grains and boil a pot of salted water. Drizzle a shot glass of Evoo in the salted water and boil the grains for 15 minutes. Reserve.
2. Boil the quail eggs in salted water until firm. Let cool and then peel and Reserve.
3. In a large bowl, slice the tomato finely, add the parsley chopped finely, add the basil or the mint chopped finely, add the chive snipped finely, salt and pepper and add the presoaked overnite red beans that had been cooked until tender and cooled.
4. chop finely the spring onion and add to the bowl. Toss all together.
5. add the quinoa grains and the rest of the ingredients including the sliced in half quail eggs.
6. Dress with vinagrette.
Enjoy this colorful salad.
Have a lovely Tuesday.