"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Salads & Salad Dressings
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-01-2016, 07:59 AM   #31
Senior Cook
 
puffin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Duncan
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
Well I copied their recipe, can't resist a free recipe when you see it and filed it on my eRecipes underneath my copy of KFC's. So I would remember to add a touch of dry mustard sometime. I added a spoonful of horseradish once, but that wasn't quite what I was hoping to achieve. Plus not everyone appreciates horseradish apparently.

Glad to see Puffin gives it a thumbs up.
It was even better after it had been in the fridge for a few hours.
__________________

__________________
puffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #32
Executive Chef
 
Roll_Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin3 View Post
I have no idea what 'they stand for'. We don't have any of these FF places up here where we live.
I just followed the recipe to the gram for tonight's dinner. The result is Excellent!!!!!!!
Don't get me wrong. Their food was very good for fast food. Its their ideology that keeps me from eating there anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin3 View Post
I googled it.
So people are boycotting because they don't agree with his religious views.
There is much more to this than not agreeing with him.
Certain far right wing groups have made this restaurant a rallying cry for hatred and inequality. The owner has not distanced himself from there narrow minded people. He has embraced them.
When I saw the news and saw how many people agreed with the stance, I decided I would do the opposite. I have never been back.
__________________

__________________
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin3 View Post
I googled it.
So people are boycotting because they don't agree with his religious views.
People were boycotting the company because they were donating millions of dollars to groups that actively promote discrimination based on sexual orientation. I would boycott that. I don't want the profits from my purchases to go to support that kind of thing.

I can't honestly say that I don't care about the owner of a company's religious views, but generally not enough to boycott the company. The problem comes when that owner tries to force their religious views on other people.

However, they have apparently stopped doing that, so I wouldn't boycott them now.

From Wikipedia:

"In September 2012, The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA) announced that Chick-fil-A has "ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights." According to the TCRA, Chick-fil-A officials stated in an internal document that they "will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation." "
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:54 AM   #34
Senior Cook
 
puffin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Duncan
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
If you check the company's website, the recipe and the ingreds list don't match.
How don't they match please.
__________________
puffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:47 AM   #35
Executive Chef
 
Roll_Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
People were boycotting the company because they were donating millions of dollars to groups that actively promote discrimination based on sexual orientation. I would boycott that. I don't want the profits from my purchases to go to support that kind of thing.

I can't honestly say that I don't care about the owner of a company's religious views, but generally not enough to boycott the company. The problem comes when that owner tries to force their religious views on other people.

However, they have apparently stopped doing that, so I wouldn't boycott them now.

From Wikipedia:

"In September 2012, The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA) announced that Chick-fil-A has "ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights." According to the TCRA, Chick-fil-A officials stated in an internal document that they "will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation." "
Thanks for the update. I still will stay away as its become "the place to eat" for those who hold these ideas.
__________________
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #36
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin3 View Post
How don't they match please.
This link???

Cole Slaw Nutrition and Description | Chick-fil-A
__________________
Have you had your habanero pepper today????
The hotter the pepper, the better the pepper!!!
kleenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:36 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
Hmm, that "coleslaw dressing" in the ingredient list does sound like mayo with added sugar and possibly vinegar. So, the recipe seems like it might match, except for no calcium disodium EDTA in the recipe.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #38
Sous Chef
 
Aria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 619
We have our own Cole Slaw Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
We make a super food slaw at work that is really tasty. The mix we use has coarse grated broccoli stumps, sliced Brussels sprouts, kale, carrots and cabbage. We add craisins and cashews. The dressing is an apple cider vinegrette with a bit of coconut milk added. I'm not sure that replacing an old favorite like coleslaw with something trendier is a great idea.
If you like what you have...GREAT. We have ours and will stay with it.
Regards, Aria
__________________
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #39
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
We make a super food slaw at work that is really tasty. The mix we use has coarse grated broccoli stumps, sliced Brussels sprouts, kale, carrots and cabbage. We add craisins and cashews. The dressing is an apple cider vinegrette with a bit of coconut milk added. I'm not sure that replacing an old favorite like coleslaw with something trendier is a great idea.
Oh my...that sounds delicious! Thanks BC...copied and saved.
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #40
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria View Post
If you like what you have...GREAT. We have ours and will stay with it.
Regards, Aria
I have no idea what this means
__________________

__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
recipe

The official Chick-fil-A Cole Slaw Recipe is out!! [IMG]https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1503385_546428438867443_3515414969751574994_n.jpg?oh=f25c423c245a5d16e6b143af70c4a70b&oe=5702C798[/IMG] For some reason they want to dump this item off the menu... 3 stars 1 reviews
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.