The official Chick-fil-A Cole Slaw Recipe is out!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just for the record, we have a few favorites that I make regularly. It was the statement "Why try something unknown" that I was referring to. That just seems too limiting to me. As always, YMMV.

I've never had their cole slaw, but I'm happy with the KFC clone recipe, it's perfect for me so I see no need to change.

BC, I've never thought to grate broccoli stubs..what a great idea. I'll be doing that for the next big batch of Broccoli Salad, as it always gripes me to throw them away.

I don't care for broccoli stumps, I really prefer the florets, but shredded in a slaw, I really like them. Seems like a great way to use them up. There is a fresh stirfry mix in a bag that my store carries that has them and I enjoy it a lot.

I love the broccoli stems better than the florets. The florets are good, but I prefer the texture of the peeled stems.

This sounds similar to the way I make coleslaw. Love me a good slaw. Have never eaten at Chick-Fil-A. We do have the Colonel in our little town.

I'm not sure why they'd take it off the menu either.

Same. The recipe sounds similar to KFC, and that's how I've made it for years. I like it. I went to a Chik Fil A once a few years ago when I went down to the city and just had one of their sandwiches. Didn't see anything special about it, but I don't do fast food very often.

Last edited:
Well I copied their recipe, can't resist a free recipe when you see it and filed it on my eRecipes underneath my copy of KFC's. So I would remember to add a touch of dry mustard sometime. I added a spoonful of horseradish once, but that wasn't quite what I was hoping to achieve. Plus not everyone appreciates horseradish apparently. :ermm:

Glad to see Puffin gives it a thumbs up.

Well I copied their recipe, can't resist a free recipe when you see it and filed it on my eRecipes underneath my copy of KFC's. So I would remember to add a touch of dry mustard sometime. I added a spoonful of horseradish once, but that wasn't quite what I was hoping to achieve. Plus not everyone appreciates horseradish apparently. :ermm:

Glad to see Puffin gives it a thumbs up.
It was even better after it had been in the fridge for a few hours.

I have no idea what 'they stand for'. We don't have any of these FF places up here where we live.
I just followed the recipe to the gram for tonight's dinner. The result is Excellent!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong. Their food was very good for fast food. Its their ideology that keeps me from eating there anymore.

I googled it.
So people are boycotting because they don't agree with his religious views.

There is much more to this than not agreeing with him.
Certain far right wing groups have made this restaurant a rallying cry for hatred and inequality. The owner has not distanced himself from there narrow minded people. He has embraced them.
When I saw the news and saw how many people agreed with the stance, I decided I would do the opposite. I have never been back.

I googled it.
So people are boycotting because they don't agree with his religious views.
People were boycotting the company because they were donating millions of dollars to groups that actively promote discrimination based on sexual orientation. I would boycott that. I don't want the profits from my purchases to go to support that kind of thing.

I can't honestly say that I don't care about the owner of a company's religious views, but generally not enough to boycott the company. The problem comes when that owner tries to force their religious views on other people.

However, they have apparently stopped doing that, so I wouldn't boycott them now.

From Wikipedia:

"In September 2012, The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA) announced that Chick-fil-A has "ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights." According to the TCRA, Chick-fil-A officials stated in an internal document that they "will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation." "

People were boycotting the company because they were donating millions of dollars to groups that actively promote discrimination based on sexual orientation. I would boycott that. I don't want the profits from my purchases to go to support that kind of thing.

I can't honestly say that I don't care about the owner of a company's religious views, but generally not enough to boycott the company. The problem comes when that owner tries to force their religious views on other people.

However, they have apparently stopped doing that, so I wouldn't boycott them now.

From Wikipedia:

"In September 2012, The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA) announced that Chick-fil-A has "ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights." According to the TCRA, Chick-fil-A officials stated in an internal document that they "will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation." "

Thanks for the update. I still will stay away as its become "the place to eat" for those who hold these ideas.

We have our own Cole Slaw Recipe

We make a super food slaw at work that is really tasty. The mix we use has coarse grated broccoli stumps, sliced Brussels sprouts, kale, carrots and cabbage. We add craisins and cashews. The dressing is an apple cider vinegrette with a bit of coconut milk added. I'm not sure that replacing an old favorite like coleslaw with something trendier is a great idea.

If you like what you have...GREAT. We have ours and will stay with it.
Regards, Aria

We make a super food slaw at work that is really tasty. The mix we use has coarse grated broccoli stumps, sliced Brussels sprouts, kale, carrots and cabbage. We add craisins and cashews. The dressing is an apple cider vinegrette with a bit of coconut milk added. I'm not sure that replacing an old favorite like coleslaw with something trendier is a great idea.

Oh my...that sounds delicious! Thanks BC...copied and saved. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom