TNT Avocado Cilantro Lime dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I concocted this yesterday, whilst trying to find the perfect dressing for my taco salad. It was quite tasty & the color was so pretty! All measurements are approximate, as I wrote it down after I'd finished making it.

jkath's Avocado Cilantro Dressing

1 haas avocado, peeled, & in pieces
2 handfuls of fresh cilantro, washed & dried
2 heaping Tbsp mayonnaise (I used canola mayo)
¼ c. fresh lime juice
10 shakes Tapatillo hot sauce
2 Tbsp. macadamia nut oil

Put all into food processor & liquify.
Add more lime juice, if necessary for flavor. (I think I added more)

Then I added some drinking water to thin it down to "pourable" consistency.

**note: I'm going to try this sauce over some grilled chicken tonight. I have a feeling it'll be good!

Seal & refrigerate at least an hour or two before using. Shake before using.

That sounds really good. The nut oil adds flavor, I'm sure, but I bet it would still be quite good with any plain oil. I'm going to try it with canola :chef:

I used the mac nut oil, since it's flavor is barely there. (I didn't want to taste oil, if that makes sense)
Anyway, I have found it generally in Cost Plus World Market, and I think Williams Sonoma carries it.
But, I got lucky and found some at Marshall's(!) with an expiration date for next year. It was only $5, I think.
(and while I'm on the subject, I also found some Orange Olive Oil and Lemon Olive Oil, both with '09 expirations there for about the same price as the mac)

This dressing ought to be patented with your name on it. It is so deliciously jkath!! We just bought a case of avocado and our cilantro is growing like a rain forest on our balcony, definitely to be tried!:)

Looks terrific. I love lime and cilantro anything so this one is for me. I will probably substitute the macadamia oil with walnut oil. Still gives off that nutty flavor and it's easier to find.

Looks terrific. I love lime and cilantro anything so this one is for me. I will probably substitute the macadamia oil with walnut oil. Still gives off that nutty flavor and it's easier to find.

excellent idea!
(PS - found more macadamia oil at Home Goods, as well as Apricot Kernel Oil)

urmaniac, you are TOO kind!!:)

mexicokaren - hopefully this will be a bit of a trade for your amazing lemon cake!!

Back
Top Bottom