TNT - Banana Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aussie girl

Senior Cook
quarter cup cream (light if preferred)
quarter cup mayonnaise
level teaspoon curry powder - or to taste
4 large bananas

Combine first 3 ingredients. Dressing can be prepared 1-2 days ahead and kept covered in the fridge.

Just before serving, slice bananas and gently stir in the dressing. Sprinkle lightly with paprika, if desired.

This may work even more brilliantly with fried platanos/plantain!! (the very firm starchy version of bananas fit for cooking)

Yes, it may work very well with platanos. Sorry, but I've never heard of them.

So I'll trust you on that one. :cool:

lyndalou and luvs, hope you both enjoy it :)

urmaniac, if you do try it with the fried platanos, post back to let us know how it went for you.

Last edited:
http://www.pacificfruit.jp/plantain_en.html

For you Aussie girl. We get these here in my state, but I prefer the usual banana, and I like mine very ripe (slightly soft, and the skin just starting to get black spots). Plantains are much firmer, and chewy, but many people like them this way.

Yes plantains are not very good eating raw just as is. Let's leave that for regular bananas. But they are very suited for cooking, because of its firmness and starchiness... there are several interesting recipes I collected, I will post them if any of you are interested, but simply frying the slices (about 1cm thick) and drizzling honey, golden syrup, molasses etc. are very, very delicious!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom