"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Salads & Salad Dressings

Old 08-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

TNT Beef Salad on a hot day

I love this in fact we all do. Nothing better on a hot day, no ovens, no having to grill again, just a nice hearty salad, some home made french bread and butter, I have to double this here as my pack is usually ravonous so add some hard cooked deviled eggs, Andy's mom's rice pilaf and life is wonderful. Make sure to have plenty of icy cold drinks on hand.
Ok here we go Simmer 1/4 cup red wine vinegar,1/4 cup water 2 tab. fresh squeezed lemon juice, I give it a shot or two of the zest, 2 Tab. sugar, 1/4 tea. dill weed,salt and fresh ground pepper.simmer this for about 15 min. overnight is best.refrigerate it please Combine 3 cups of the roast beef and 1 thin sliced red onion,make sure to add the beef and onion to the marinade in the refridgerator. Drain save the marinade break up 1 head of romaine put in a large bowl, add the beef and onion, Combine 1 cup of sour cream with the reserved marinade toss with the beef ,lettuce and onion now garnish with tomatoes that youve diced and some if you like them marinated artichoke hearts and a can of anchovies that you've drained and diced. This will serve 6 so double if you'd like more.
kades

Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Kades,

Today, I am preparing your Peach Gazpacho Cold Soup ...

As I have a post on Beetroot too, very different and very Greek; I am always collecting Beetroot recipes ... It is one of my fave veggies strangely enough.

Your´s is quite interesting, so it shall go on the September Madrid List.

Have lovely August.
Thanks for posting,
Margi.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Lovely recipe, thank you Kades
Old 08-24-2012, 04:23 AM   #4
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I love this in fact we all do. Nothing better on a hot day, no ovens, no having to grill again, just a nice hearty salad, some home made french bread and butter, I have to double this here as my pack is usually ravonous so add some hard cooked deviled eggs, Andy's mom's rice pilaf and life is wonderful. Make sure to have plenty of icy cold drinks on hand.
Ok here we go Simmer 1/4 cup red wine vinegar,1/4 cup water 2 tab. fresh squeezed lemon juice, I give it a shot or two of the zest, 2 Tab. sugar, 1/4 tea. dill weed,salt and fresh ground pepper.simmer this for about 15 min. overnight is best.refrigerate it please Combine 3 cups of the roast beef and 1 thin sliced red onion,make sure to add the beef and onion to the marinade in the refridgerator. Drain save the marinade break up 1 head of romaine put in a large bowl, add the beef and onion, Combine 1 cup of sour cream with the reserved marinade toss with the beef ,lettuce and onion now garnish with tomatoes that youve diced and some if you like them marinated artichoke hearts and a can of anchovies that you've drained and diced. This will serve 6 so double if you'd like more.
kades
Kades, yesterday I made some rice, nothing fancy, not a risotto, and I was wondering if I could use it as a side dish or in some other fashion.
Now I think I'll try to mix it with your salad, let's see what happens.
I boiled some Carnaroli rice in salt water, sautéed in butter 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped. Then put the cooked rice in the hot pan, stir it, added dried oregano and black grounded pepper, and that's all. Nothing particularly fancy, but it was tasty and really easy to make (and my larder was empty...).

Thanks for the inspiration to mix it up in a beef salad
Old 08-27-2012, 04:25 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

That sounds like a good slap up meal Luca
Old 08-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
That sounds like a good slap up meal Luca

Now I'm waiting for the end of a couple of weeks of diet...
Old 08-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes, unfortunately good food catches up with our waistlines
Old 09-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Lazzari View Post
Kades, yesterday I made some rice, nothing fancy, not a risotto, and I was wondering if I could use it as a side dish or in some other fashion.
Now I think I'll try to mix it with your salad, let's see what happens.
I boiled some Carnaroli rice in salt water, sautéed in butter 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped. Then put the cooked rice in the hot pan, stir it, added dried oregano and black grounded pepper, and that's all. Nothing particularly fancy, but it was tasty and really easy to make (and my larder was empty...).

Thanks for the inspiration to mix it up in a beef salad
Luca,
sorry I didn't answer sooner. I've been having computer trouble as well as infiltration on the arm I use for dilysis. But I want you to know that I love the rice Idea and will give it a go next Sunday if the whole gang is here having members respond and give me ideas is great. Thank you.
kades

Tags
beef, salad