TNT melon/chicken salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Extend a small amount of chicken to feed several people. It's wonderful on a hot summers evening or summers afternoon served with a cool icy dring an crunchy buttered bread toasted to perfection. to 2 cups of diced cooked chicken I prefer bbq'd 2 cups of diced melon balls cranshaw, honeydew or orange honeydew, 1 tab. lemon zest and 2 tab. lemon juice, 1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley or cilantro salt and pepper, 1/2 cup mayo mixed with a tab. of honey and 1/2 half head shredded iceberg lettuce.3/4 servings
enjoy
kades

Green Melon and Pairings

Kasedma, Ciao, Good Afternoon.

Interesting Food Pairing and Post however, I have never tried Chicken with Spanish Green Melon or Sicilian Green Melon before.

Your salad sounds interesting ...

For me, 50% Italian, It has always been an Italian starter plate, with Proscuitto di Parma wrapped around the Slice of Melon & always Green Melon ...

I have also seen Green Melon served with Fresh Figs, and this is divine in season.

Chicken: perhaps cold chicken breast chopped for a salad with a variety of lettuces, scallions or spring onion, sweet red ripe tomato, some very crisp bacon perhaps too ... green melon chopped in cubes and then a savory choice of salad pickings --- perhaps radishes or olives ... and a Dressing with Olive Oil EV and Rasberry Vinegar with a drizzle of honey ever so lightly ...

*** Iceburg lettuce does NOT exist in the Mediterranean so I shall use Rumanian lettuce ...

Good idea, possibly ? !
Just off top ... Okay, I shall try for an office lunch ... Thanks for posting.

Margi.

Last edited:
The salad sounds interesting. We really love "Three Mustard Chicken" with honeydew, cantaloupe and kiwi. Chicken breast is marinated in the mustards (some marinade is kept aside before the chicken is added as a sauce) and grilled, then served with the fruit. I think the recipe came from a Southern Living cookbook.

Kasedma, Ciao, Good Afternoon.

Interesting Food Pairing and Post however, I have never tried Chicken with Spanish Green Melon or Sicilian Green Melon before.

Your salad sounds interesting ...

For me, 50% Italian, It has always been an Italian starter plate, with Proscuitto di Parma wrapped around the Slice of Melon & always Green Melon ...

I have also seen Green Melon served with Fresh Figs, and this is divine in season.

Chicken: perhaps cold chicken breast chopped for a salad with a variety of lettuces, scallions or spring onion, sweet red ripe tomato, some very crisp bacon perhaps too ... green melon chopped in cubes and then a savory choice of salad pickings --- perhaps radishes or olives ... and a Dressing with Olive Oil EV and Rasberry Vinegar with a drizzle of honey ever so lightly ...

*** Iceburg lettuce does NOT exist in the Mediterranean so I shall use Rumanian lettuce ...

Good idea, possibly ? !
Just off top ... Okay, I shall try for an office lunch ... Thanks for posting.

Margi.
Hi Margi, so nice to meet you. Me I'm French and Irish married to an Italian;) Love Pancetta, proscuitto, have wrapped the ham around melons, anti pasto is a thing of beauty here and I can spend several hours putting together a large tray. I'm not fond of iceberg and tend to use romaine hearts. Adore heirloom tomatoes and am looking for this summers plants to get ready. Figs love them put them slightly squished on toasted baguette drizzle with lavender honey, Again your ideas are welcome
kades

Back
Top Bottom