Tomato, Anchovy, Feta, Olives salad TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
With homegrown tomatos on the way I can hardly wait for mine to come through. I've been getting heirlooms at the store but I'm still anxious for my own. Slice 6 large tomatoes a mix of colors is nice. put the slices on a good sized platter, Scatter 4 minced garlic cloves over tomatoes add 4-tab. of minced fresh parsley, Then drizzle with evoo the best you have. Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper.In the mean time soak 6 anchovy fillets in 2 tab. red wine vinegar for 20 min. Slice a red onion into rounds and place the slices on the tomatoes. Add a little marjoram or oragano. Cut 2 oz of feta into small cubes and scatter over tomatoes. Cut the anchovy fillets in half and drape over the top of tomatoes before adding the evoo salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of olives.If feta isn't your cuppa try some grated dry cheese on the tomatoes instead.
enjoy
PS this is great with a can of Italian packed in oil tuna and added slices of lemon between the tomatoes I'd use meyer lemons if possible.
kades

Last edited:
With homegrown tomatos on the way I can hardly wait for mine to come through. I've been getting heirlooms at the store but I'm still anxious for my own. Slice 6 large tomatoes a mix of colors is nice. put the slices on a good sized platter, Scatter 4 minced garlic cloves over tomatoes add 4-tab. of minced fresh parsley, Then drizzle with evoo the best you have. Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper. add the anchovy and fett and olives before hand.In the mean time soak 6 anchovy fillets in 2 tab. red wine vinegar for 20 min. Slice a red onion into rounds and place the slices on the tomatoes. Add a little marjoram or oragano. Cut 2 oz of feta into small cubes and scatter over tomatoes. Cut the anchovy fillets in half and drape over the top of tomatoes before adding the evoo salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of olives.If feta isn't your cuppa try some grated dry cheese on the tomatoes instead.
enjoy
PS this is great with a can of Italian packed in oil tuna and added slices of lemon between the tomatoes I'd use meyer lemons if possible.
kades

This sounds exactly like something I would get to have all to myself!:rolleyes: Yum! Thanks, Ma!

i hope you have big elbows, fee, 'cause we'!l be throwin''em jockeying for the last bits of salad.

this is right up my alley, kads. add bread and red wine, and it's a meal. thanks!

i hope you have big elbows, fee, 'cause we'!l be throwin''em jockeying for the last bits of salad.

this is right up my alley, kads. add bread and red wine, and it's a meal. thanks!

I'm short, I don't need big elbows:mrgreen:

Hi BT, so glad you like this. It is wonderful and I indulge often during the summer. first the pool, then salad and bread and tea, then the pooll ahhhh life is good.
kades

Sounds delicious! Unfortunately, the ulcers and crohn's make tomatoes and a lot of other fresh vegies hard on the belly.
Connie,
sorry sweetie, it's so good to hear from you. I've been missing you.
Take care let me know if there is somthing you'd like a recipe for.
cj

Kades,

do you add anchovies twice? That's the way I'm reading this.Love seeing all of your TNT recipes and techniques. Sunday at your house must be pretty special.

Kades,

do you add anchovies twice? That's the way I'm reading this.Love seeing all of your TNT recipes and techniques. Sunday at your house must be pretty special.
No lynda, I goofed. I erased my mistake. Please check the recipe again for me. I think I've got it right now. So sorry. See what happens when Dh's keep opening the door and asking questions? Yeesh.:LOL:
kades

Back
Top Bottom