Tomato, Feta, Anchovy salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is great on a hot day with grilled bread and butter and a cup of soup. Soak 6-8 anchovie fillets in 2-3 tab. of red wine vinegar for oh about 20 min. Slice a small red onion into thin rings and place on top of 6 large ripe juicy tomatoes that have been thick sliced and laid out on a nice platter and then sprinkle with Minced parsley, I use about 6 tab. add some minced marjoram or oragano I prefer the marjoram then cut about 2 oz of feta in to small cubes and scatter over the tomatoes cut your soaked anchovies crosswise in half and drape over the salad now scatter 1/2 cup of olives I use garlic stuffed olives then add evoo and salt and fresh cracked pepper on top of everything.
enjoy
kadesma:)

Last edited:
Thsi ia great on a hot day with grilled bread and butter and a cup of soup. Soak 6-8 anchovie fillets in 2-3 tab. of red wine vinegar for oh about 20 min. Slice a small red onion into thin rings and place on top of 6 large ripe juicy tomatoes that have been thick sliced and laid out on a nice platter and then sprinkle with Minced parsley, I use about 6 tab. add some minced marjoram or oragano I prefer the marjoram then cut about 2 oz of feta in to small cubes and scatter over the tomatoes cut your soaked anchovies crosswise in half and drape over the salad now scatter 1/2 cup of olives I use garlic stuffed olives then add evoo and salt and fresh cracked pepper on top of everything.
enjoy

the gods themselves must have lent a hand to this glorious and seductive collaboration of flavors! i must have some of this, kadesma - you rock!:)

the gods themselves must have lent a hand to this glorious and seductive collaboration of flavors! i must have some of this, kadesma - you rock!:)
I hope you like it as much as I do. It's a favorite around here I like it with fresh goat cheese crumbled over it too.
I adore cheese so any kind will do:LOL:
kades

Anchovies and tomatoes are a match made in heaven. No matter how you serve them IMHO. Then Feta, well, that's a bonus!!!
You have it I'm a tomatoe and anchovie nut. Would eat them everyday if possible.
kades

You have it I'm a tomatoe and anchovie nut. Would eat them everyday if possible.
kades
My favourite way to eat them is to lay a couple of filets of anchovies over top a piece of bruccetta and give them a quick broil, just enough to heat the top and melt the parmesan. The fresh, sweet tomato with the salty anchovy is just such a wonderful combination....
But that salad is going to happen tomorrow night served with some pasta. Thanks!

Last edited:
My favourite way to eat them is to lay a couple of filets of anchovies over top a piece of bruccetta and give them a quick broil, just enough to heat the top and melt the parmesan. The fresh, sweet tomato with the salty anchovy is just such a wonderful combination....
But that salad is going to happen tomorrow night served with some pasta. Thanks!
Now that sounds like a winner we love bruschetta and this is yummy. Come Sunday it will be made for us. Thanks for the idea.
kades:)

Thank you, Kadesma, for such a wonderful salad. I look forward to trying it. I've just added it to my MasterCook!

Tomato, Feta and Anchovy Salad

Recipe By :kadesma

Description:"This is great on a hot day with grilled bread and butter and a cup of soup."

Source:"http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/tomato-feta-anchovy-salad-7382.html"

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 each anchovy fillets -- More or fewer to taste
3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
1 small Red Onion -- Cut into thin rings
6 large Ripe Tomatoes -- Cut into thick slices
6 tablespoons Minced Parsley
2 ounces Feta cheese -- Cut into small cubes
1/2 cup Garlic stuffed black olives
Minced Marjoram or Oragano (As preferred and to taste)
Extra Virgin olive oil -- To taste
Salt and freshly cracked pepper -- To taste

1. Soak the anchovie fillets in the red wine vinegar for 20 min.
2. Arrange the tomatoes on a platter and top with red onions, evenly.
3. Sprinkle parsley, marjoram or oragano evenly over tomatoes and onions.
4. Scatter the Feta evenly over entire dish.
5. Cut the soaked Anchovy Fillets in half, crossways, and place evenly over entire dish.
6. Place olives evenly over entire dish.
7. Sprinkle EVOO and salt and pepper to taste.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 447 Calories;
18g Fat (33.4% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 1891mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 9 1/2 Vegetable;1 1/2 Fat.

Thank you, Kadesma, for such a wonderful salad. I look forward to trying it. I've just added it to my MasterCook!

Tomato, Feta and Anchovy Salad

Recipe By :kadesma

Description:"This is great on a hot day with grilled bread and butter and a cup of soup."

Source:"http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/tomato-feta-anchovy-salad-7382.html"

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
8 each anchovy fillets -- More or fewer to taste
3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
1 small Red Onion -- Cut into thin rings
6 large Ripe Tomatoes -- Cut into thick slices
6 tablespoons Minced Parsley
2 ounces Feta cheese -- Cut into small cubes
1/2 cup Garlic stuffed black olives
Minced Marjoram or Oragano (As preferred and to taste)
Extra Virgin olive oil -- To taste
Salt and freshly cracked pepper -- To taste

1. Soak the anchovie fillets in the red wine vinegar for 20 min.
2. Arrange the tomatoes on a platter and top with red onions, evenly.
3. Sprinkle parsley, marjoram or oragano evenly over tomatoes and onions.
4. Scatter the Feta evenly over entire dish.
5. Cut the soaked Anchovy Fillets in half, crossways, and place evenly over entire dish.
6. Place olives evenly over entire dish.
7. Sprinkle EVOO and salt and pepper to taste.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 447 Calories;
18g Fat (33.4% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 1891mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 9 1/2 Vegetable;1 1/2 Fat.
You're welcome Timothy,
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.

Back
Top Bottom