Waldorf Salad - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
If you have never tried a Waldorf salad, here's a little background info:

http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/Waldorf_Salad.htm

I like the combo of apples, grapes, chopped celery and walnuts, but wasn't too fond of the mayo/sour cream dressing... so I played around & threw together chopped apples, grapes, walnuts, chopped celery & yogurt mixed with some honey. Gave it another go with lemon yogurt as a base dressing, & couldn't put it down.

Then, I made a chicken waldorf salad & added in some blueberries & omitted the grapes. You can also use craisens or raisins. Just shows to go you, everything old can be new again.

Amy, Thanks for reading my mind - which is to make a Waldorf salad next time I'm at daughter's - next weekend most likely. This looks great!

You are very welcome, Lady & David. Hope you give it a try. Just the right amount of crunch & sweetness for a cool summer dish/snack.

We have a local health-food store that serves salads and such. They make a version of Waldorf Salad using the yogurt dressing, add tofu and curry. They also make a curried turkey version occasionally. Both very good.

Wow lemon yogurt ? I never would have thought of it. It sounds amazing !!

There are so many different cool yogurt flavors out, like key lime pie, pina colada etc. Pineapple might be interesting. I may try the lime next time. I like the whipped chocolate mousse yogurt(s) for a quick dessert. Enjoy. :)

We have a local health-food store that serves salads and such. They make a version of Waldorf Salad using the yogurt dressing, add tofu and curry. They also make a curried turkey version occasionally. Both very good.

Hadn't thought of adding curry powder. Sounds yummy. Thank you. Turkey, tuna or chicken would work as well.

Back
Top Bottom