What are your favorite salads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salads are healthy and easy to make. This is why I never miss adding a salad in my meals. Here are my favourite recipes:

Wild rice & Brussels sprout salad
Firecracker chicken noodle salad
Brown rice salad
Couscous salad with roasted maori potatoes
Raw energy salad with crunchy seeds
Red quinoa salad with Nashi pear
Warm sprouted salad with mung bean fettuccine
Green & red salad
Black quinoa kumara salad

https://www.ceres.co.nz/recipe-category/salads-dressings/

Last edited by a moderator:
Salads are healthy and easy to make. This is why I never miss adding a salad in my meals. Here are my favourite recipes:

Wild rice & Brussels sprout salad
Firecracker chicken noodle salad
Brown rice salad
Couscous salad with roasted maori potatoes
Raw energy salad with crunchy seeds
Red quinoa salad with Nashi pear
Warm sprouted salad with mung bean fettuccine
Green & red salad
Black quinoa kumara salad

https://www.ceres.co.nz/recipe-category/salads-dressings/

Id be interested in some of these recipes, especially the Wild rice and Brussel sprout salad.

Larry

I love a Caeser salad and this Asian salad that a little salad shop next to work makes. It includes a spring lettuce mix, mandarin oranges, cucumbers, edemame, hick peas and crunchy noodles with a homemade sesame dressing! They also put it in a wrap which is a nice change every once in a while :)

Meal salads:
Blackened steak (sliced thin) with roasted/steamed baby potatoes, sliced red onion, dry sautéed mushrooms, gorgonzola cheese crumbles, mixed greens with a balsamic vinaigrette.

Rusty Pelican salad (local restaurant) made with steamed shrimp, hard boiled egg, sliced raw mushrooms, chopped chives, tomatoes, bib or red leaf lettuce tossed with a homemade honey mustard dressing. It was a composed salad dressed and tossed tableside.

Chicken Caesar salad with homemade dressing and croutons.

Nicoise salad is becoming a favorite.

Couscous salad made with leftover chopped Cuban pork, black beans, chopped red bell pepper, cilantro, red onions, sometimes we throw in some chopped green bell too, dressed with a red wine or balsamic vinaigrette.

Chef salad and Cobb salad.

Side salads:
Sliced avocado and red onions dressed with lime juice, olive oil, S and P to go with Cuban meals, no lettuce.

Arugula (sometimes mixed with spinach) with sliced red onion, dressed with lemon or lime juice, olive oil, S and P.

Wedge with blue cheese and bacon.

Either meal or side salad:
Spinach salad with hard-boiled eggs, bacon, and dressed with a warm to hot dressing made with bacon grease.

Last edited:
I pay for it later, but I love to take just iceberg lettuce, chop it up and drown it in Hidden Valley salad dressing. Let it sit until it is soft. then pig out on it. But I only do it about once or less a year.

Wow. Some sensational salad ideas here ..

My favorite salads are uncountable as I have a salad every day, however, here are a few:

Niçoise ..

Caprese: Tomato, Fresh Basil, Mozzarella di Bufala with Italian Evvo & Modena, Balsamic Vinegar.

Greek Salad with Goat Cheese Feta ..

Radicchio, Rocket & Evoo with Modena Balsamic Vinegar ..

Spinach Salad ..

Prawns & Orange Salad with Minced Baby Greens .. Evoo & Modena Balsamic Vinegar.

Carrot Vinaigrette with Scampi & pale green leeks.

Ensadilla Rusa ( Russian Spanish Potato Salad with Tuna & Home Made Mayo )

Panzanella Salad ..

A Waldorf Salad ..

Off top of head .. I totally enjoy most salads however, I am very fussy about the lettuce type greens used and normally substitute ..

Have a lovely day and thanks for all the recipes too ..

Back
Top Bottom