What is your favorite "mayo?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite "mayo?"

• Homemade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kraft

• Hellmann's

• Other

• Total voters
CREWSK - I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!!

It's Dukes or nothing here!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha - a common "northern" misconception - Miracle Whip is NOT mayonnaise! :P

I also was raised with Miracle Whip and we were brought up being TOLD it was mayo! LOL But I lived in Cleveland! It took me a long time to like mayonnaise. Every now and then I like a bologna sandwich with the white bread that sticks to the roof of your mouth and a little bit of Miracle Whip. 8)

kitchenelf said:
CREWSK - I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!!

It's Dukes or nothing here!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha - a common "northern" misconception - Miracle Whip is NOT mayonnaise! :P

i said it wasn't real mayo. even i know that. but it's what i grew up with it's what i like

Middie, I just wanted you to know that I didn't even read your post - I got as far as crewsk's cry for help. I can promise you I am not mean like that. I can certainly understand why you thought I was "talking" to you.

I do apologize and I would NEVER say anything malicious like that to anyone.

What's with the Hellman's? Out WEST, it's BEST FOOD'S! Grew up with the stuff. Anything else just doesn't taste right.

I envy all you who make your own mayo. I guess I'm so used to Best Foods that nothing I make quite lives up to the standard.

Thanks middie - you know how you make up someone's intonations as you read what they typed - :oops: Yours was rather dry and monotone and very low!!!! LOL :shock: ;)

Hellmans for me..but not too much.. don't like anything with too much mayo never heard of Dukes..but would be willing to try..Miracle Whip just doesn't make it for me.

Psiguyy said:
What's with the Hellman's? Out WEST, it's BEST FOOD'S! Grew up with the stuff. Anything else just doesn't taste right.

I envy all you who make your own mayo. I guess I'm so used to Best Foods that nothing I make quite lives up to the standard.

Best Food's is also what I use and grew up with. One of my other favorites is Kraft's Hot and Spicy. It is great on Polish sausages.

I prefer Miracle Whip (salad dressing) to mayo for most things. It has a tang that I like. But when I eat an artichoke I like mayo. Usually Hellmans** but I have tried Dukes since moving to SC. I think they use entirely too much here, and I usually have to ask them to go light on the mayo when I order a burger at a restaurant.

**I have never understood why it is called Hellmans in the east and Best Foods in the west. Same with spices. In California we used Schilling but in the east it is McCormick. I think they may have changed that though because I think I have seen some things labeled Schilling-McCormick (or is it McCormick-Schilling? I think that's it. lol).

:) Barbara

Hellman's for me too... I think Hellman's & Best Foods are the same brand just on opposite coasts. But never never never Miracle Whip. I couldn't figure out until I was an adult why I didn't like sandwichs as Nana's house.... it was because she only used Miracle Whip!

kitchenelf said:
Thanks middie - you know how you make up someone's intonations as you read what they typed - :oops: Yours was rather dry and monotone and very low!!!! LOL :shock: ;)

i didn't mean for it to be lol. my appologies

I buy Trader Joe's exclusively, better tasting and less $$. I thought this would be regarding the flavored mayo, in which case I would say wasabi mayo, roasted red or yellow pepper mayo, Red Robbins BBQ sauce flavored mayo.

best foods is the western division (west of the rockies), cpc international, which makes hellman's, is the eastern division of the same company. an old friend used to work in their advertising/testing dept., and said that most of the best foods stuff was slightly spicier, while the cpc stuff is sweeter. this was supposedly derived from taste testing over the years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom