What kind of green salad do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What kind of green salad do you like?

• Total voters
BlueCat said:
Me too! What a great invention, the Caesar salad. I grew up in a household where Mom made an iceberg lettuce salad with a vinegar and oil salad dressing for every dinner meal. I am not a real big fan of salad after having one every day. I love steamed veggies with a meal most often now. But a Caesar salad is the exception - just delightful.

BC

I like to add a couple anchovies on top.

Any and all of the salads on the list.

I really have no favorite type of salad. If more than one is offered for a meal, I'll pigout on all of them. :)

Bangbang said:
I like to add a couple anchovies on top.

Me too! They don't serve it that way in a restaurant very often, but they are tasty...and I'm not usually a fan of cold fish either.

BC

i LOVE salad, i eat at least one a day. i also really enjoy making salad.
on the poll i chose other. i love most salads, but i really prefer a big garden salad with tons of different kinds of veggies on it... cucumber, tomato, peppers, carrots, radishes, cold cooked veggies, all that good stuff. i like some cheeses on salads, like bleu or feta, but the one thing i cant stand is something like cheapo cheddar grated on a salad... yuck. my favorite dressing by far is Annie's Goddess dressing.

I'm voting tomatoes because that's what is in the garden. If you'd asked me six weeks ago, it would have been fresh mixed greens. Right now it is also thin sliced small cukes, or sometimes coarse cut cukes made into kimchee. I'm trying to weed through a section of garden and start a second greens garden, but after a stressfull summer, not sure I'm ready to start over. I'm just worn out.

I agree, HappyA. Even when I buy it in a bag, there is no such thing a day without salad in my house. That is the way I was raised.

I cannot bring myself to vote, at all. Sorry. Love them all, and grew up with them all. Except the tomato/basil/moz, which I learned in latter days. When you can get 'em, eat 'em is my theory.

Hey, Sierra, were we raised by the same mother? Hmm, now that I think of it, I was raised partially in the Sierra Nevadas!!!! LOL

Oh, BTW, nothing like a crispy bit of iceberg. Love it all, grow mixed greens a couple times a year. But that cold crispy thing .... if you make a home-made creamy dressing and put a wedge of iceberg on a plate, the dressing is king and it is great. I think the "invention" of those great bags of mixed greens is wonderful, and it's super that we can get all kinds of greens year round. But sometimes I like that crunch!

I voted for the mixed greens w/ vin., classic iceburg (that's what PeppA makes), cole slaw, taco salad, and Caesar salad. The Caesar is probably my favorite, with a Taco salad second, although I rarely eat that.

I would have voted for the spinach salad, but I can't stand blue cheese. Bleck! Now, if you list a spinach salad with a hot bacon vinaigrette, I'd vote for that!

classic caesar, or the modern variants
baby greens with a fine vinagrette
tri colore ( arugula, radichio, endive) with a red wine gorganzolla dressing! try it, yum!

I :heart: insalata caprese, (tomato, mozzarella & fresh basil as listed above)... but I'm not sure if it should be categorised as "green salad"... I always thought they are wonderfully "patriotic" salad that represents the italian cuisine, perfectly RED WHITE & GREEN!!

Back
Top Bottom