World's Best Vinaigrette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you get pasteurized eggs where you are?

I still have chives in my garden and was thinking of trying this with chives and shallots rather than the tarragon.

Sounds good except for the tarragon. Not a big fan of that particular herb. Other suggestions for a substitute?

Jennyema, look for 'Pasteurize Eggs At Home' in the 'General Cooking Info' section here on DC.

Jabbur, I forgot that Jennyema had this idea of trying chives and/or shallots instead of the tarragon. Maybe you can experiment with those as well. Thanks for that idea Jennyema :)

Last edited:
I'm hoping to find my HG (holy grail) salad dressing so I will eat more dark, leafy and slightly bitter greens that are so good for you.
My thoughts exactly. I have a terrible time finding a salad dressing that I like, let alone love! I always think "oh this will be the one!" and buy it, only to get it home and find that it's not good. None of the glitzy TV commercials and friends' recommendations have so far worked for me.

I make a mandarin orange, sesame, soy sauce recipe that makes everything taste good. But I am crazy for Asian flair sauces.

"You're Welcome"

Chef Maloney - ABSOULTLEY DELICIOUS!!!!!
I was all out of white pepper so i just used more black pepper. still was great
Thanks so much for my new favorite.

You're welcome letscook. So glad you tried it. It is the best I've EVER! :yum:

Chef M, DH tried your dressing for the first time, and he is in love with it! He plans to drink the remainders. He said it's all the flavors he craves in a salad dressing.

I changed it a bit: I used fat free half and half, and used bottled lemon juice as that was all I had. I was pleasantly surprised to discover I had some (ancient) tarragon vinegar. Will have to get some more. Mine turned out somewhat thin, but I think that was because of the FF half and half. Otherwise, outstanding!

That sounds great! My family loves this much simpler one, it's delicious, easy to make, and goes with anything!
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

Back
Top Bottom