"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking
Old 11-20-2004, 07:25 PM   #21
Senior Cook
20 dollar thangsgiving dinner... take the challenge...

Debthecook and Mish, you are right. You made points well taken.

I, myself, took the twenty dollar limit as a challenge. I will be with my family this Thanksgiving.

I am aware that there are many, many, many people who will be far away from home. There are people not far from me who left their homes after the hurricane storms of this past summer. Others are not comfortable due to delays in home repairs due to hurricanes. That is in addition to the financially destitute.

While I sometimes wonder what the "poor" do the rest of the year (it seems we only pay attention to them for six weeks in the winter) we must not make light of their plight. I know I have been made "richer" due to the sharing of the knowledge and expertise on these boards.

Blessings to all. Happy Thanksgiving.

honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:18 PM   #22
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by mish

Would like more info. Is this regarding a family that is limited on funds to try to provide for their family of six on $30.00 or $20.00 for a Thanksgiving dinner, or is this a joke/challenge? I'm not clear here, as you didn't provide specifics. I think it's clear you can't make a Thanksgiving dinner for six on the funds you mentioned.

If a family is in need of monies to help feed their little ones, have a meal, there are government resources to help. I don't find this amusing. Please state what the purpose of this post is about.
Its simply a challenge....no joke.....and yes it is possible to have a Thanksgiving Dinner with limited funds. I grew up that way. Give me a break.

You are not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
Bangbang is offline   Reply With Quote