2017 new Holiday side dishes..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me, I need to have my Mother's Cranberry Jello Mold/Salad I suppose you call it. It's taken me years to get this recipe out of her, but finally!
(I'll be making for the first time this Thanksgiving)
Real simple actually:
1 package Cranberry Jello (follow directions on the box)
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
about 1 cup or so slivered almonds
I don't have her tupperware jello mold from, what, the 60's, but I think I can make it work

DH must have store bought Apple Sauce and canned creamed corn ACK! :yuk:

Ooh, and coleslaw, that I've gotten use to and actually like... ***note to self, gotta look for my coleslaw recipe!!

These last few years we've shared Thanksgiving with Mister & Missus Dear Friends, who are Vegetarian/Vegan... last year we had kale salad, vegan lasagna, two types of vegetarian stuffing, WAY TOO creamy (even for me) mashed potatoes, vegan gravy, vegan green bean casserole, a can of whole cranberry sauce and King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls... (can you say - carb overload?)

008.JPG

011.JPG

018.JPG

017.JPG

It was for the most part okay, but ... I'm making a feast for just two this year, the "regular way" as my husband says.

I'm the boring cook CD wants relief from ;) I don't want anything different for Thanksgiving. I love the tradition of the holiday. We change things up for Christmas and New Year's.

Wow, I never thought I'd say this, but ^^ +1. Happy Thanksgiving, GG.

Zero Mostel would agree.

However, my wife is bringing her new side dish to my mother's house this weekend (I have to work :()

She's been making this butter sauteed cauliflower dish that has toasted breadcrumbs mixed in and on top. It's simple and really good. I picked up 2 huge heads of cauliflower yesterday (was cauliflower always $4 or $5 a head? Geez), so she should be good to go.

Creamy Lime Gelatin Salad...My mother used to make this and nobody ate much of it.I'm getting sentimental in my old age so I am going to make it again at xmas..found a similar recipe for it on line...
1 can Pineapple
1/2 cup Pecans
3 oz Cream cheese
8 oz Sour cream
3 oz 1 package lime flavored jello
25 Marshmallows, miniature
1 1/2 cups Water
Sorry..I'm terrible at cutting and pasting..:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom