A question about wine....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
We're having friends over for dinner tomorrow...

shrimp,
rice,
green veggies,
and spinach salad..

should we serve RED or WHITE wine?

Thanks!

smiles, Trish and Paulie:):)

how are you making the shrimp?

my first guess would be white wine. i've been hooked on fairly inexpensive italian whites lately, like pinot grigio delle venezie.
if you wanna spend a few bucks extra, get the santa margherita pinot grigio. extremely popular at about $15 to $20 a bottle.

I'm going to saute them in some olive oil .. when they are almost
done I'll add a little butter, white wine and a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice.

Thanks bucky! For the info and for being so nice!!

pdswife said:
We're having friends over for dinner tomorrow...

shrimp,
rice,
green veggies,
and spinach salad..

should we serve RED or WHITE wine?

Thanks!

smiles, Trish and Paulie:):)

A dry, crisp white wine would go very well with that meal. Besides a Pinot Grigio, there's an Italian white called Gavia Gavi or Gavi di Gavi. The wine is from the Piedmont region in Italy. It goes for about $15-18 a bottle and pairs very well with shellfish. Another good Italian white is called Lacryma Christi from Mt. Vesuvius. It will be a lot harder to find but if you see it, buy a few bottles. If worse comes to worse, ask one of the people that works at the store what they suggest.

Thanks Ironchef. I don't drink wine and know nothing about it at all.
I'll check for the ones you guys have named.

I'm afraid I'm any thing but a wine expert so I can not really name you many specific brands. But I can't help but think that a nice blush (rose) wine would be a good pick, especially with all those greens.

I was going to go out and buy a special wine.. but boss man says we should use some that we have in the cupboard. He's right. We have quite a few bottles. We don't drink wine but people keep bringing it to us. I told him to grab a bottle of white. Not sure what he picked.

buckytom said:
how are you making the shrimp?

my first guess would be white wine. i've been hooked on fairly inexpensive italian whites lately, like pinot grigio delle venezie.
if you wanna spend a few bucks extra, get the santa margherita pinot grigio. extremely popular at about $15 to $20 a bottle.

Love the stuff!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom