"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking
Old 10-01-2005, 08:29 PM   #11
Send a message via ICQ to ArticKatt Send a message via MSN to ArticKatt Send a message via Yahoo to ArticKatt
Hi I run a Tea email list. We talk a lot about tea. High tea is more like supper and is served at a high or dinning table. While afternoon tea is lighter. I would love to find someone in the Toronto Ont. area that would like to come for tea. I love to make little tea sandwiches. I moved last fall and so don't know anyone to have tea with. A nice cake or a few squares or something else like that is also served at afternoon tea.

ArticKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:41 AM   #12
Master Chef
Well, the tea was a big hit. It was really my husband's idea (he LOVED tea in the afternoons when we visited Hong Kong a number of years ago (when it still was British)) and he really got into it, pulling these 'recipes' for tea sandwiches from Joy of Cooking. We wanted to camp it up (I wouldn't say being pretentious, we just love theme parties) and took out all the good china. Two friends brought tea pots (we only have one) so we could sample various types (PG Tips, Earl Gray, Darjeeling. One freind has an infection and was told to stay away from caffein totally, and I have an individual tea pot as well and made her a raspberry tea). I was a little light on the sweets front -- I'd bought two kinds of imported shortbread, and my British friend brought scones and clotted cream (she lives in Chicago, so has access to virtually every food known to mankind). Everyone got into the spirit of the thing and we had a wonderful afternoon. We went the entire nine yards, so to speak, and cut off the crusts on the sandwiches and cut them into quarters, so everyone could sample a bit of this and that. It was great fun and I think we'll make it an annual thing. Our British friend (she's actually U.S. citizen and has been for decades) loved every minute of it, and her husband even called to "join" us from London!

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote