"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 06-03-2006, 07:06 AM   #1
Head Chef

Anniversary supper

Tomorrow is our first wedding anniversary and I just don't know what to cook. It will just be us and I want to cook something special but no too heavy. My husband is doing finals right now so it needs to be safe...no risk of bad tummy after oysters etc! I have tried to think of favourite hings I have cooked for him over the last year, or indeed our entire three year relationship, but the fact is that I am still left struggling. Its not so much that there is nothing to cook as too much choice. I am almost throwing in the towel and thinking of going out for a meal.

Any ideas welcome!

Old 06-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Your very first anniversery - congrats! And of course it should be special, and sweet that you're going to make it for him!

Here's a site I found on your very own BBC site! It's for Valentine's recipes, but will give you some ideas to start with! http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland.../recipes.shtml

Maybe if you'd also give us some suggestions on what you both like/dislike, budget, etc., we could help you come up with something spectacular!

Old 06-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
Head Chef

Thank you...the BBC is a great resource and that is a great link. I am very grateful for it. In fact supper tonight came from BBC thanks to your reminding me what a greta resource it is.

I think I'll do two courses as part of the afternoon we will be out meeting a friends brand new today baby, and that white chocolate cheese cake looks very nice and if I do that in the morning I can choose something for a savoury course before that to cook tomorrow evening.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Well, there you go! Glad I was able to find that site! And wishing you a very happy, very special 1st anniversary - with many more to come!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Happy 1st anniversay Lulu, hope you have a wonderful day and evening...May it be filled with love and laughter.

kadesma