Baby shower and golf tournament

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bryankimjade

Assistant Cook
I have visited a lot of cooking sites on the web and I believe that this is the best. I am so happy that I found it. I have been here for a couple of months, sometimes giving and other times receiveing advice. I love to cook and occasionally I do some catering. To make a long story short, I have a baby shower coming up next week and then at the end of the season a golf tournament. The baby shower is next week. I am thinking of some small sandwiches, and maybe a good salad, a dip, and some type of fruit, maybe a fruit salsa with chips and dip. Now for the golf tournament I know that the guys love steak and potatoes. I know that I am making steaks. I was thinking of a good cheesy potato recipe, if anyone has one, a vegetable, maybe a fruit or salad. Any ideas or recipes would be appreciated. I just thought that maybe you wouldn't mind me picking your brain for some ideas. thank you , Kim

Sandwiches for the baby shower.

I would think about roasting part of a pork loin, a beef roast, and a roasting chicken.

Slice them down thin and make your own deli tray. Make a good potato salad, chips with a french onion dip(something not too runny anyway). Remember the ladies will probably be dressed up a bit. You don't want something that drips.

golf outing..guys are easy to please.. it's food, it's good... they will eat it.
Baked potatoes are great and if you have an electric roaster, wrap the potatoes, place a bunch in the roaster, put a little water in and let her cook at 325 for 4 hours or so. I belong to a club and that's how we do our baked potatoes and they come out great.

For the baby shower, sandwiches are a great idea. Dip is great too. I always make spinach dip for parties and it is quite popular amongst the guests. Also, pasta salad is a good make ahead item to go with sandwiches. For my shower, the host made pesto pasta salad and I loved it. The fruit salsa sounds very yummy too.
For the golf tournament cheesy potato recipe......mashed potatoes, baked with cheese and bacon?
In a dish, put a layer of mashed potatoes, then bacon, then cheese and repeat twice.

thank you guys for your reply. I do like the idea of the meat and the deli tray from Jeff, I can roast the meat ahead of time and it would be easy to transport. but I am thinking about doing that for the golf tounament. And thank you Calya I like the cheesy potato recipe. I do think that I will do the fruit salsa for the baby shower too. looking for a good recipe for it.

Another thought for the tournament is a "baked potato bar", where the guys can put whatever they want on their spuds. I know dh likes this one a lot.

Back
Top Bottom