Bakechef's Getting Married!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh dang! Now I need the Kleenex too! Beautiful photos Mike and Rob! Wishing you many years of Bliss. There really is nothing better than loving and being loved.

Oh how this is beautiful. I need the tissues also.
I love my new country even more now. You men look very happy and it makes me happy to know you will be together in the matrimony for life.
God bless the both of you and you have the wishes from me for the good and best things in your lives.
~Cat

Congratulations to you both! Looks like you had a beautiful day.

The Treasury dept announcement really puts the icing on the cake - now you'll be just as married in NC as you are in ME.

Congratulations to you both! Looks like you had a beautiful day.

The Treasury dept announcement really puts the icing on the cake - now you'll be just as married in NC as you are in ME.

Federally, yes, but there is still that pesky amendment from last year that claims that this state doesn't have to recognize it at the state level. So out state taxes will still be as "single".

1012494_565959970131340_243022311_n.jpg

I think at this point that I am trying to not make eye contact with Rob, he was a mess. My cousin is doing a reading at the podium.

The building that we are getting married in is a Grange Hall, it's across the street from my childhood home and where my mom lives. It is 103 years old. I have lots of memories of this hall, it's where many rural Maine style bean suppers were held, and many benefit dinners. I remember as a kid helping in the kitchen, one of the ladies from town who was a fantastic baker would let me put the biscuits on the pans after she cut them out and then butter the tops for the oven. I would also sell baked goods at the annual holiday craft fair, along with my mom's famous baked beans and fresh yeast rolls that she would be up all night making. It meant a lot being able to get married here. We are on the second floor, this is a big building.

Federally, yes, but there is still that pesky amendment from last year that claims that this state doesn't have to recognize it at the state level. So out state taxes will still be as "single".

I am afraid that the South is going to come unfortunately into the fold screaming and dragging their feet. :angel:

The building that we are getting married in is a Grange Hall, it's across the street from my childhood home and where my mom lives. It is 103 years old. I have lots of memories of this hall, it's where many rural Maine style bean suppers were held, and many benefit dinners. I remember as a kid helping in the kitchen, one of the ladies from town who was a fantastic baker would let me put the biscuits on the pans after she cut them out and then butter the tops for the oven. I would also sell baked goods at the annual holiday craft fair, along with my mom's famous baked beans and fresh yeast rolls that she would be up all night making. It meant a lot being able to get married here. We are on the second floor, this is a big building.

I love buildings like this one. You find them across the country where ever there is a farming community. It serves so many purposes. The church that I donate food for the food bank, has that very fair and bean supper. And they also hold a spaghetti supper. They have three sittings. 5,6 and 7 p.m. Their hall is downstairs and small. But anytime they have a function, somehow they manage to fill it to the rafters and fit everyone in. It always amazes me that this is a Protestant church, yet you will find every denomination attending their functions. But the best part is, they have only 17 folks who attend services every Sunday. (I said it was small.) :angel:

We had a big old Grange hall in the town where I grew up! I loved being in it when it was more or less empty. The creaking floors that echoed as you walked across them, the soft natural light and the cozy smell that a building gets after a hundred years.

All this talk about New England cooking is making me crazy!

Tell us about the food at your wedding, did your sister survive all of the planning and preparation?

Did you resist the temptation to help?

Let's see what I can remember. It was a luncheon sort of affair. There were lobster sandwiches, chicken salad, and ham salad. Meatballs, spinach dip with garlic rubbed crostini, tray of Italian meats, marinated mozzarella balls, seasoned olives. There were rainbow fresh fruit kabobs, big spring mix salad with balsamic vinegrette, toasted pecans, and goat cheese. There was a pasta salad and assorted Italian cookies.

I'm sure that there was other stuff too, but I can't remember. I gave the crew a few ideas and let them run with it. My niece that's a really good cook kind of pulled the menu together.

This grange was recently fixed up. Some mysterious donor donated a bunch of money. The foundation was fixed, the place was rewired, new plumbing, kitchen refurbished, there is a late 60s era Gibson range in showroom condition along with a big professional restaurant range. Everything original that could be refurbished was.

It is now used more than ever, it has once again become the center of the community.

It all sounds wonderful!

It's easy to understand why Rob was so emotional. It seems to me that he has become part of a wonderful family.

Let's see what I can remember. It was a luncheon sort of affair. There were lobster sandwiches, chicken salad, and ham salad. Meatballs, spinach dip with garlic rubbed crostini, tray of Italian meats, marinated mozzarella balls, seasoned olives. There were rainbow fresh fruit kabobs, big spring mix salad with balsamic vinegrette, toasted pecans, and goat cheese. There was a pasta salad and assorted Italian cookies.

I'm sure that there was other stuff too, but I can't remember. I gave the crew a few ideas and let them run with it. My niece that's a really good cook kind of pulled the menu together.

I think it was very selfish of you. You could have touched down at Logan on your way to Maine and picked me up to finish the flight with you. I am great at calming folks down. :angel:

loot from Chef's catalog!

I was gifted a gift card to Chef's Catalog from some very generous people, and here's what I got!

A channel pan for baguettes

Pourfect bowls for the kitchen aid mixer

Silicone pastry mat.

IMG_20130918_181540_1.jpg

I was gifted a gift card to Chef's Catalog from some very generous people, and here's what I got!

A channel pan for baguettes

Pourfect bowls for the kitchen aid mixer

Silicone pastry mat.

Great choices, Bakechef!

Back
Top Bottom