"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #181
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,649
Oh dang! Now I need the Kleenex too! Beautiful photos Mike and Rob! Wishing you many years of Bliss. There really is nothing better than loving and being loved.
__________________

__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:44 AM   #182
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Oh how this is beautiful. I need the tissues also.
I love my new country even more now. You men look very happy and it makes me happy to know you will be together in the matrimony for life.
God bless the both of you and you have the wishes from me for the good and best things in your lives.
~Cat
__________________

__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #183
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
Thank you for sharing your special day with us, good luck Guys!
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:18 AM   #184
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,247
Awwwwww.....*sniff* Congrats, good luck, make happy memories.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #185
Sous Chef
 
Silversage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 863
Congratulations to you both! Looks like you had a beautiful day.


The Treasury dept announcement really puts the icing on the cake - now you'll be just as married in NC as you are in ME.
__________________
In our house, dog hair is a condiment!
OMG! I decided to blog!
Silversage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #186
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversage View Post
Congratulations to you both! Looks like you had a beautiful day.


The Treasury dept announcement really puts the icing on the cake - now you'll be just as married in NC as you are in ME.
Federally, yes, but there is still that pesky amendment from last year that claims that this state doesn't have to recognize it at the state level. So out state taxes will still be as "single".
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #187
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,082


I think at this point that I am trying to not make eye contact with Rob, he was a mess. My cousin is doing a reading at the podium.

The building that we are getting married in is a Grange Hall, it's across the street from my childhood home and where my mom lives. It is 103 years old. I have lots of memories of this hall, it's where many rural Maine style bean suppers were held, and many benefit dinners. I remember as a kid helping in the kitchen, one of the ladies from town who was a fantastic baker would let me put the biscuits on the pans after she cut them out and then butter the tops for the oven. I would also sell baked goods at the annual holiday craft fair, along with my mom's famous baked beans and fresh yeast rolls that she would be up all night making. It meant a lot being able to get married here. We are on the second floor, this is a big building.
__________________
I'm Bloggin'

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #188
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Federally, yes, but there is still that pesky amendment from last year that claims that this state doesn't have to recognize it at the state level. So out state taxes will still be as "single".
I am afraid that the South is going to come unfortunately into the fold screaming and dragging their feet.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #189
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,022
Quote:
The building that we are getting married in is a Grange Hall, it's across the street from my childhood home and where my mom lives. It is 103 years old. I have lots of memories of this hall, it's where many rural Maine style bean suppers were held, and many benefit dinners. I remember as a kid helping in the kitchen, one of the ladies from town who was a fantastic baker would let me put the biscuits on the pans after she cut them out and then butter the tops for the oven. I would also sell baked goods at the annual holiday craft fair, along with my mom's famous baked beans and fresh yeast rolls that she would be up all night making. It meant a lot being able to get married here. We are on the second floor, this is a big building.
I love buildings like this one. You find them across the country where ever there is a farming community. It serves so many purposes. The church that I donate food for the food bank, has that very fair and bean supper. And they also hold a spaghetti supper. They have three sittings. 5,6 and 7 p.m. Their hall is downstairs and small. But anytime they have a function, somehow they manage to fill it to the rafters and fit everyone in. It always amazes me that this is a Protestant church, yet you will find every denomination attending their functions. But the best part is, they have only 17 folks who attend services every Sunday. (I said it was small.)
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #190
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
We had a big old Grange hall in the town where I grew up! I loved being in it when it was more or less empty. The creaking floors that echoed as you walked across them, the soft natural light and the cozy smell that a building gets after a hundred years.

All this talk about New England cooking is making me crazy!

Tell us about the food at your wedding, did your sister survive all of the planning and preparation?

Did you resist the temptation to help?
__________________

__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chef

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.