Catering advice needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tancowgirl2000

Head Chef
As most of you all know I am planning to get married in August....I want to do a potluck but have NO idea as to how much food I really need. What we are having is roast beef...dads doing that and I don't need help with that, but for the salads...potatoe, macaroni, leaf, coleslaw....I also want to do some desserts...things that are easily put in little individual dishes.....What about the midnight lunch as well? I'm lost when it comes to this thing. I want to do meat and veggie trays for the midnight lunch, then at the gift opening we will serve the left overs as lunch, I know that sounds bad, but really our families are laid back type of folk.....does anyone have any ideas....averages or recipes that would help, or something???? Thanks ahead of time....

Tanis

Congratulations Tancowgirl, wish you all the best.

Know nothing of the midnight lunch tradition or the gift opening ceremony.

Sounds wonderful, but could you explain?

Then will put my thinking cap on, it is the one made out of tin foil, and do my best.

God bless and thanks.

Yes, number of people would be great to know!

I have a really, really good pasta salad recipe that you could try now - one recipe's worth makes about 10 cups so it's easy to double, triple, quadruple, etc.

I bet we can recommend a spread that will leave people talking about it for a long time!!!

Rainee has pointed you in the right direction.

I remember when my daughter got married ... first we figured out how much we had to spend, then how many people to feed, then from that we could figure out the menu.

Beef roasted= 25 serverings=10lbs,100servings=40lbs
Poatao salad=25 serv.4 1/2 qts. 100 serv.4 1/2 gals.
baked beans=25 serv. 3/4 gals. 100 serv. 2 1/2 gals.
Lettuce(lg heads) 25 serv.=4 heads. 100 serv.=12 heads.
Jello salads=25 serv.2qts. 100 serv.=2 1/2 gals.
Bread=25 serv. 50 slices. 100 serv.200 slices.
Butter=25 serv. 1/2 lb. 100 serv.1 1/2 lbs.
mixed fillings for sandwich=25 serv.=1 1/2 qts. 100 serv.=5 to 6 qts.
Roasted chicken or turkey=25 serv.=16 lbs. 100 serv.=50 to 75 lbs.
Just a few ideas that I had written down awhile back.

What a grreat site Rainee! You seem to always know the good ones! Thanks for that. Got lots of info form it. Thumper---that was great too. Straight forward kinda takes the guessing out of things.

Question...is there such a thing as a Freezer Salad? I seem to have it in my head that there is.

As for details, ,what all do you want to know guys. There's so much to tell....oh and I was sure I put the amount of peoples in there but on the guest list there is 154...thats with the bridal party. The evening may be more, not sure. We are leaving an open invite for after the reception. If people show up then they show up...perhaps I'll have to put an RSVP on that too just so as I know...man im a good thinker..lol!!!!

Anything else...let me know

Back
Top Bottom