Christmas Meal Plans 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I've made the these things, all home-made;
Potato Bread rolls for sandwiches
Marinara Sauce with my special meatballs for meatball subs
96 Toll-House Cookies
Fudge
Tea Ring
Sliced two pounds of summer sausage, deli thin
2 lbs. ham, deli thin
1 lb. Muenster Cheese, deli thin
1/2 lb. Smoked Goudam Cheese, deli thin
Made home-made pastrami, and sliced it, yes, you guessed it, deli thin

After all that, supper tonight was 2 cans VanCamp's Pork & Beans, doctored with bacon, onion, and brown sugar, 12 oz. of fried bacon, and 6 hot dogs (our son was home and so we made extra.

Now, I just have to bag the marinara and meatballs and I can go to bed.

I wish all of you an incredible Christmas, and though some do and some don't, may the Holy Ghost fill your home.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

So, I've made the these things, all home-made;
Potato Bread rolls for sandwiches
Marinara Sauce with my special meatballs for meatball subs
96 Toll-House Cookies
Fudge
Tea Ring
Sliced two pounds of summer sausage, deli thin
2 lbs. ham, deli thin
1 lb. Muenster Cheese, deli thin
1/2 lb. Smoked Goudam Cheese, deli thin
Made home-made pastrami, and sliced it, yes, you guessed it, deli thin

After all that, supper tonight was 2 cans VanCamp's Pork & Beans, doctored with bacon, onion, and brown sugar, 12 oz. of fried bacon, and 6 hot dogs (our son was home and so we made extra.

Now, I just have to bag the marinara and meatballs and I can go to bed.

I wish all of you an incredible Christmas, and though some do and some don't, may the Holy Ghost fill your home.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Oh thank you so very much! And to you also!

With love,
~Cat

after visiting mum,over in chester i'll be spending chrimbo afternoon & evening with one of my ladies,at her place,so that'll be fun.....never cooked in her kitchen before,so i won't be taking any pics.........no pressure then:unsure:!!on't menu is
baked scottish langoustines washed down with ice cold la gitana manzanilla sherry.
part boned duck with pork & spiced marmalade stuffing(got the idea from seeing a ready prepared duck in tesco),crinkle cut chips(fries),stirfried shredded sprouts with smoked bacon & spicey mango chutney.chilled blanquette de limoux.
christmas bread & butter pudding with vanilla creme fraiche d'isigny sur mer.lightly chilled sauternes dessert wine.
bon appétit & merry xmas to you all!!

Last edited:
Don't know--been invited to a friend's mom's for dinner. I'm bringing chocolate truffles. I suspect turkey is on the menu.

Harry--I guess I should cancel my plans to move in with you now that you've hooked up with s/one on that side of the pond. Darn.

I have a small rib roast that I might just cut into two steaks. That way, we'd get more caramelization :yum: We'll also have Hasselback potatoes, green beans with balsamic-bacon vinaigrette and yeast rolls. Maybe baked apples for dessert.

Don't know--been invited to a friend's mom's for dinner. I'm bringing chocolate truffles. I suspect turkey is on the menu.

Harry--I guess I should cancel my plans to move in with you now that you've hooked up with s/one on that side of the pond. Darn.
just got back from mum's,picking up me cooking gear/makings & about to head over to the lucky lady's gaff,as we speak.she is one of my long standing/suffering "friends with benefits",mate.i still have wednesday's,friday's & sunday's free,sooooo cancel & despair not fair maid,pack yer bags & come on over.the more the merrier:winkiss:!!
merry christmas to you & your's,not forgetting your ladies,either.bet they breathed a sigh of relief when they heard it was turkey!! hava good one matey:)!!

Last edited:
Punkin pies just came out of the oven...Rolls are rising....A good ol' Smithfield ham is in the oven. Mrs Hoot is making deviled eggs...mashed taters....green beans and corn...
got liquid apple pie, bourbon, hard cider, beer (various kinds), and iced tea to drink.
Everything will come together around 2:30 or so.
Casa de Hoot is smelling mighty good.

Oops....forgot about the sliced summer sausage and cheese platter. The pepper jack cheese has got a mighty sharp bite. You know why they call it gouda cheese?
'Cause it's "gouda" than the others...('cept for the extra sharp cheddar and muenster.)

Punkin pies just came out of the oven...Rolls are rising....A good ol' Smithfield ham is in the oven. Mrs Hoot is making deviled eggs...mashed taters....green beans and corn...
got liquid apple pie, bourbon, hard cider, beer (various kinds), and iced tea to drink.
Everything will come together around 2:30 or so.
Casa de Hoot is smelling mighty good.
raising one of these to you later,old friend.all the best to you,mrs hoot & all the assorted/little hoot's.have a great day matey:)!!

Attachments

• WILD TURKEY 81.jpg
    WILD TURKEY 81.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 207
  • WILD TURKEY 81 (3).JPG
    WILD TURKEY 81 (3).JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 161
Festivus Brunch - mixed berries with crème fraiche, soft scrambled eggs, bagel with cream cheese, lox, sliced tomato and capers, Jennifer's Kisses, and coffee

Festivus Dinner - Turkey pot roast (that is a bone-in turkey thigh, cooked just like the rotisseries chickens in the groshree store), mashed potatoes, steamed whole kernel corn in butter sauce, sparkling wine, apple pie, and coffee.

Whatever leftover finger food from last night. Yeah, I'm lazy. There will be only one guest and me and we'll play Rummikub for our entertainment.

My yesteryear Christmas Eves and Days were chock full of all the traditional stuff-----loads of presents, loads of food and loads of guests. I miss that, but life moves on, so do people. Sad, but not too sad.

I'm thinking breakfast for dinner tonight. I'm going to make three kinds of meat, ham steak, rope sausage and of course, BACON.

My dinner involved

Turkey, roast potatoes in goose fat, sprinkled with semolina for extra crunch, mums brussels sprouts, roast carrots and parsnips with honey glaze, stewed red cabbage, winter slaw (which is now pickled to save) sage and onion stuffing, turkey gravy made with giblet stock. Dessert was a cheat strawberry and cream gateau, white chocolate and ginger cheesecake with raspberry sauce, and of course christmas cake.

I made a baked ham with maple syrup/brown sugar glaze, scalloped potatoes, honey-glazed carrots, and biscuits. For dessert it was pumpkin pie.

I ate at my parents and the food was fantastic (as always).

We had turkey, filling, sweet potatoes with coconut, noodles, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and coffee (for me, anyways). There was also chardonnay, coke, and Yuengling lager for the others.

It's my favorite part of visiting home, as my stepmom is the best cook I know.

Last edited:
My daughter has a spiral ham with roasted asparagus, two squashes, two kinds of twice baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes. There was other foods, but I just wasn't feeling all that great, so I took a small piece of ham, a twice baked potato with chives and sour cream and a spoonful of cream style corn. I ate just enough to be polite. I was feeling so lousy, that I even forgot to bring home a plate.

Of course no dessert for me. The chocolate chip cheesecake disappeared in a matter of minutes and then half of the wreath cake. But my daughter's family kept talking about the Gingersnap Cookie Pumpkin Cheesecake that I made for Thanksgiving. My DIL wants the recipe for that one along with the chocolate chip cheesecake. So I will send it on its way later today. :angel:

My daughter has a spiral ham with roasted asparagus, two squashes, two kinds of twice baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes. There was other foods, but I just wasn't feeling all that great, so I took a small piece of ham, a twice baked potato with chives and sour cream and a spoonful of cream style corn. I ate just enough to be polite. I was feeling so lousy, that I even forgot to bring home a plate.

Of course no dessert for me. The chocolate chip cheesecake disappeared in a matter of minutes and then half of the wreath cake. But my daughter's family kept talking about the Gingersnap Cookie Pumpkin Cheesecake that I made for Thanksgiving. My DIL wants the recipe for that one along with the chocolate chip cheesecake. So I will send it on its way later today. :angel:

Post that recipe here, Addie! And send her the link. No need to type it out twice. ;)

TB had his prime rib - bless his heart he finished cooking it and got all his own sides while I slept.

My Christmas dinner was and apple. Yup, a sweet, juicy, Spartan apple.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom