"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 12-25-2013, 02:38 AM   #41
Master Chef

So, I've made the these things, all home-made;
Potato Bread rolls for sandwiches
Marinara Sauce with my special meatballs for meatball subs
96 Toll-House Cookies
Fudge
Tea Ring
Sliced two pounds of summer sausage, deli thin
2 lbs. ham, deli thin
1 lb. Muenster Cheese, deli thin
1/2 lb. Smoked Goudam Cheese, deli thin
Made home-made pastrami, and sliced it, yes, you guessed it, deli thin

After all that, supper tonight was 2 cans VanCamp's Pork & Beans, doctored with bacon, onion, and brown sugar, 12 oz. of fried bacon, and 6 hot dogs (our son was home and so we made extra.

Now, I just have to bag the marinara and meatballs and I can go to bed.

I wish all of you an incredible Christmas, and though some do and some don't, may the Holy Ghost fill your home.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #42
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
So, I've made the these things, all home-made;
Potato Bread rolls for sandwiches
Marinara Sauce with my special meatballs for meatball subs
96 Toll-House Cookies
Fudge
Tea Ring
Sliced two pounds of summer sausage, deli thin
2 lbs. ham, deli thin
1 lb. Muenster Cheese, deli thin
1/2 lb. Smoked Goudam Cheese, deli thin
Made home-made pastrami, and sliced it, yes, you guessed it, deli thin

After all that, supper tonight was 2 cans VanCamp's Pork & Beans, doctored with bacon, onion, and brown sugar, 12 oz. of fried bacon, and 6 hot dogs (our son was home and so we made extra.

Now, I just have to bag the marinara and meatballs and I can go to bed.

I wish all of you an incredible Christmas, and though some do and some don't, may the Holy Ghost fill your home.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Oh thank you so very much! And to you also!

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #43
Executive Chef

after visiting mum,over in chester i'll be spending chrimbo afternoon & evening with one of my ladies,at her place,so that'll be fun.....never cooked in her kitchen before,so i won't be taking any pics.........no pressure then!!on't menu is
baked scottish langoustines washed down with ice cold la gitana manzanilla sherry.
part boned duck with pork & spiced marmalade stuffing(got the idea from seeing a ready prepared duck in tesco),crinkle cut chips(fries),stirfried shredded sprouts with smoked bacon & spicey mango chutney.chilled blanquette de limoux.
christmas bread & butter pudding with vanilla creme fraiche d'isigny sur mer.lightly chilled sauternes dessert wine.
bon appétit & merry xmas to you all!!
Old 12-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Don't know--been invited to a friend's mom's for dinner. I'm bringing chocolate truffles. I suspect turkey is on the menu.

Harry--I guess I should cancel my plans to move in with you now that you've hooked up with s/one on that side of the pond. Darn.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire

I have a small rib roast that I might just cut into two steaks. That way, we'd get more caramelization We'll also have Hasselback potatoes, green beans with balsamic-bacon vinaigrette and yeast rolls. Maybe baked apples for dessert.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #46
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Don't know--been invited to a friend's mom's for dinner. I'm bringing chocolate truffles. I suspect turkey is on the menu.

Harry--I guess I should cancel my plans to move in with you now that you've hooked up with s/one on that side of the pond. Darn.
just got back from mum's,picking up me cooking gear/makings & about to head over to the lucky lady's gaff,as we speak.she is one of my long standing/suffering "friends with benefits",mate.i still have wednesday's,friday's & sunday's free,sooooo cancel & despair not fair maid,pack yer bags & come on over.the more the merrier!!
merry christmas to you & your's,not forgetting your ladies,either.bet they breathed a sigh of relief when they heard it was turkey!! hava good one matey!!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #47
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Punkin pies just came out of the oven...Rolls are rising....A good ol' Smithfield ham is in the oven. Mrs Hoot is making deviled eggs...mashed taters....green beans and corn...
got liquid apple pie, bourbon, hard cider, beer (various kinds), and iced tea to drink.
Everything will come together around 2:30 or so.
Casa de Hoot is smelling mighty good.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #48
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Oops....forgot about the sliced summer sausage and cheese platter. The pepper jack cheese has got a mighty sharp bite. You know why they call it gouda cheese?
'Cause it's "gouda" than the others...('cept for the extra sharp cheddar and muenster.)
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #49
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
Punkin pies just came out of the oven...Rolls are rising....A good ol' Smithfield ham is in the oven. Mrs Hoot is making deviled eggs...mashed taters....green beans and corn...
got liquid apple pie, bourbon, hard cider, beer (various kinds), and iced tea to drink.
Everything will come together around 2:30 or so.
Casa de Hoot is smelling mighty good.
raising one of these to you later,old friend.all the best to you,mrs hoot & all the assorted/little hoot's.have a great day matey!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WILD TURKEY 81.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	20332   Click image for larger version

Name:	WILD TURKEY 81 (3).JPG
Views:	78
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	20333  

Old 12-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #50
Executive Chef

Festivus Brunch - mixed berries with crème fraiche, soft scrambled eggs, bagel with cream cheese, lox, sliced tomato and capers, Jennifer's Kisses, and coffee

Festivus Dinner - Turkey pot roast (that is a bone-in turkey thigh, cooked just like the rotisseries chickens in the groshree store), mashed potatoes, steamed whole kernel corn in butter sauce, sparkling wine, apple pie, and coffee.

Tags
christmas