"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 12-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #51
Head Chef

Whatever leftover finger food from last night. Yeah, I'm lazy. There will be only one guest and me and we'll play Rummikub for our entertainment.

My yesteryear Christmas Eves and Days were chock full of all the traditional stuff-----loads of presents, loads of food and loads of guests. I miss that, but life moves on, so do people. Sad, but not too sad.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm thinking breakfast for dinner tonight. I'm going to make three kinds of meat, ham steak, rope sausage and of course, BACON.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #53
Cook

My dinner involved

Turkey, roast potatoes in goose fat, sprinkled with semolina for extra crunch, mums brussels sprouts, roast carrots and parsnips with honey glaze, stewed red cabbage, winter slaw (which is now pickled to save) sage and onion stuffing, turkey gravy made with giblet stock. Dessert was a cheat strawberry and cream gateau, white chocolate and ginger cheesecake with raspberry sauce, and of course christmas cake.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #54
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I made a baked ham with maple syrup/brown sugar glaze, scalloped potatoes, honey-glazed carrots, and biscuits. For dessert it was pumpkin pie.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #55
Senior Cook

I ate at my parents and the food was fantastic (as always).

We had turkey, filling, sweet potatoes with coconut, noodles, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and coffee (for me, anyways). There was also chardonnay, coke, and Yuengling lager for the others.

It's my favorite part of visiting home, as my stepmom is the best cook I know.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #56
Chef Extraordinaire

My daughter has a spiral ham with roasted asparagus, two squashes, two kinds of twice baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes. There was other foods, but I just wasn't feeling all that great, so I took a small piece of ham, a twice baked potato with chives and sour cream and a spoonful of cream style corn. I ate just enough to be polite. I was feeling so lousy, that I even forgot to bring home a plate.

Of course no dessert for me. The chocolate chip cheesecake disappeared in a matter of minutes and then half of the wreath cake. But my daughter's family kept talking about the Gingersnap Cookie Pumpkin Cheesecake that I made for Thanksgiving. My DIL wants the recipe for that one along with the chocolate chip cheesecake. So I will send it on its way later today.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #57
Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My daughter has a spiral ham with roasted asparagus, two squashes, two kinds of twice baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes. There was other foods, but I just wasn't feeling all that great, so I took a small piece of ham, a twice baked potato with chives and sour cream and a spoonful of cream style corn. I ate just enough to be polite. I was feeling so lousy, that I even forgot to bring home a plate.

Of course no dessert for me. The chocolate chip cheesecake disappeared in a matter of minutes and then half of the wreath cake. But my daughter's family kept talking about the Gingersnap Cookie Pumpkin Cheesecake that I made for Thanksgiving. My DIL wants the recipe for that one along with the chocolate chip cheesecake. So I will send it on its way later today.
Post that recipe here, Addie! And send her the link. No need to type it out twice.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #58
Certified Cake Maniac

TB had his prime rib - bless his heart he finished cooking it and got all his own sides while I slept.

My Christmas dinner was and apple. Yup, a sweet, juicy, Spartan apple.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:20 AM   #59
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Post that recipe here, Addie! And send her the link. No need to type it out twice.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will do. Some days my brain goes dead. Either that or I just love to do things the hard way.

Tags
christmas