Cooking for good friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rascal

Head Chef
Just for some background, my home is around 50 years old. It had the original rotary clothesline out the back. It's fair to say its nearly done. Lines replaced too many times. Anywho we were recently away on holiday and returned to a brand new clothesline. We couldn't work out who had done it. Then we found out 4 of our friends decided to upgrade our line. Free!! My wife giggled the line, it's in excess of $400. We have thanked them and they are coming for dinner tomorrow night. I'm serving them

Garlic cheesy chilly bread.
Chicken Thai salad.
Creme brûlée with ice cream and home made raspberry coulis.
Cheese board for later.

Have I done enough for my very good friends.?? I'm also supplying all liquor. Beer wine and spirits.:chef::chef::chef:

Russ

Sounds good. Mommy (cookieee) and I will be right over with the bubbly.

Actually, a bottle of champagne for a thank you toast is a great idea.

I'm curious; what kind of clothesline costs $400? I mean, we're talking for drying clothes, yes?

The menu and Champagne sounds good but a food gift of some kind would be nice for each of the four friends to take home. Nicely wrapped baked goods? Homemade jerky? Custom spice mix or snack mix? The ideas are endless.

A very nice surprise from thoughtful friends!

The food sounds great.

Maybe in addition to the food, you could offer them each a free service wash.:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Payback, Russ. ;) It comes at you whether it's the nice kind or the nasty kind. IMO, this is the best kind of payback - someone doing something good because you've been a good friend to them.

My Dad had a mantra he lived by all of his life: It's nice to be nice. Dad may have completed only 8th grade before he had to work and help support his family, but he was the wisest man I've ever known. :heart:

Things aren't the same as they were back when I was struggling, and so were me neighbors. Back then, we did things for each other, knowing someday we'd need something done for us.

Whether is is burgers and cheep beers, or prime steak and Champagne, it's all the same. Just do what feels right.

Everybody watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXjMyZ43YbM

CD

Last edited:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 157
Payback, Russ. ;) It comes at you whether it's the nice kind or the nasty kind. IMO, this is the best kind of payback - someone doing something good because you've been a good friend to them.

My Dad had a mantra he lived by all of his life: It's nice to be nice. Dad may have completed only 8th grade before he had to work and help support his family, but he was the wisest man I've ever known. :heart:

Your dad sounds a bit like me, I live by it costs nothing to be nice. I was bought up by my mum, she did all the sewing knitting mending clothes for all our neighbours, so I've always been generous with my time and appreciate my family and friends. We had a toast last night and I was humbled by what my friend Cheryl said to me. I've known her since I was 12 or 13. ;);)

Russ

What nice friends and neighbors you've got, Rascal. Your back yard is SO pretty! Lots of green.

Good neighbors are definitely something to treasure! I'm so blessed with mine - we all look out for each other, and share foodie goodies often.

Last edited:
My neighbors are creepy swingers that all have effete, snobbish, back-stabbing children.

Hence the overlapping fields of fire...

What nice friends and neighbors you've got, Rascal. Your back yard is SO pretty! Lots of green.

Good neighbors are dc cefinitely something to treasure! I'm so blessed with mine - we all look out for each other, and share foodie goodies often.

Yeah the yard is full of fruit and veges. The baskets on the fence have strawberries and the wee greenhouses you can see at the back are full of chillies.
In 2006 I had a health issue and when out of hospital I was home for about a month before I got mobile again. Our neighbour dropped food over every second day during the week, 2 years ago they moved into a retirement home, they are in their 80s. I've been dropping off home made food to them ever since. They love my cooking. What goes around comes around huh?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom