Decorating the Turkey Serving Platter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debthecook

Senior Cook
How do you?

I cut fresh bunches of parsley, rosemary and sage from the garden, wash and dry well. Arrange and cover the platter so that the leaves hang over. Place the turkey on the platter. Put my daughter to work and garnish around the edge of the turkey platter with grapes, kumquats, lady apples and seckle pears. Looks very nice and the herbs smell great.

debthecook said:
How do you?

I cut fresh bunches of parsley, rosemary and sage from the garden, wash and dry well. Arrange and cover the platter so that the leaves hang over. Place the turkey on the platter. Put my daughter to work and garnish around the edge of the turkey platter with grapes, kumquats, lady apples and seckle pears. Looks very nice and the herbs smell great.
To me, deb, you are "Martha Stewart minus the slammer time!" :LOL:

I will be decorating my platter with strictly the turkey. Oh shoot, I forgot, I don't have a platter big enough to put my husband on! Dang, oh well! Anyway, I don't decorate the turkey platter because I slice the bird before putting it on the table. I would rather the food speak for itself.

I'm with crewsk, DH and all! :LOL: As much fun as it would be for me to come up with garnishes, etc., I don't do it on the holidays because it doesn't really mean anything to others. There's so much food going on, it probably wouldn't be appreciated and it's just one more thing for me to worry about last minute. I save things like that for when I have time to "play"!

crewsk said:
I will be decorating my platter with strictly the turkey. Oh shoot, I forgot, I don't have a platter big enough to put my husband on! Dang, oh well! Anyway, I don't decorate the turkey platter because I slice the bird before putting it on the table. I would rather the food speak for itself.

:LOL: I would like to carv my wife on platter. :LOL: I pull the whole turkey apart before serving it. I am thinking about cooking mine breast down for half the time....and then turning it over. My daughter cooked one upside down once and it came out bery good. I wanted to brine it but the family said NO WAY! I will try some chicckens before I do a turkey.

I was gonna post a picture of one ours, but it appears the online album site has been hijacked and redirected.

SizzlininIN said:
We're pretty simple when it comes to meal decor.............we keep it simple and let the food speak for itself.

;) Same here. Our family would look past the garnish and decor to get to the grub, anyway. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom