Dinner club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rascal

Head Chef
We had some bad earthquakes 8 years ago which destroyed a lot of businesses so a group of us were discussing how we could help the small business owners who were struggling. We formed a dinner club and we all go out for dinner the first Wednesday of the month. We all get to choose where we go, but bearing in mind we go to the ones in the burbs. Smaller places. There's a base of 18 of us but normally we get about 13 or 14. We also buy lotto and it costs everyone $2 a month.
We havnt won lotto yet but we've had some great meals and great stories. I look forward to it every month.
Are you guys in a dinner club??

Russ

I'm not now, but I was for 10 years or so. I met someone who was already part of a dinner group - mostly people who all lived in the same condo building. DH was teaching, coaching soccer and working on his master's degree, so I never saw him. So I started going to dinner, to a different place each week, with this group. Little by little, people moved away and it dwindled to a core of four. Then one moved away and my health declined and it broke up. It was great fun while it lasted.

I'm part of a Lunch Club..does that count? We call ourselves the "Tuesday Lunch Bunch"

We are a group of women who all became friends many years ago when we were young and belonged to a ladies morning bowling league. Many of us would go out to lunch after bowling and it all started then. None of us bowl anymore and over the years we've lost several members for one reason or another, but there's still 8 of us who meet somewhere for lunch every Tuesday. Actually, it's become more like food for the soul, as we've shared so many joys and sorrows over lunch for all these many years. They are all the best friends of my life.:wub:

Back
Top Bottom