Dinner course help - Greek theme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
Hey guys,
I am making a special dinner for four and was looking for some opinions on my dinner lineup. It has a greek theme. Any input or help is appreciated, especially in the app area with the tomatoes/cucumbers, and the sides for dinner. Thanks so much!

BTW, have missed you guys :) I haven't had the money to cook very well over the last year and a half since my ex fiance and I split up, but things are looking up :) Cheers!!!! :)

Apps:
Saganaki (kefalograviera cheese fried and flambé'd with ouzo/brandy)
small tomatoes halved and hollowed, filled with tzatziki, instead of traditional salad. I may also serve cucumbers topped with a hummus or other "dip" or topping of some kind. Ideas?

Dinner:
Roasted lemon chicken
Asparagus??
Another side?

Dessert:
blueberries or strawberries with a champagne sabayon (egg yolks, sugar and champagne double boiled)

Those look terrific, Kayelle! And thank you!!

I should add that I am trying to stay away from cooking too much in the kitchen as I will not be in my own kitchen (and without my SS pans, sigh). I am even roasting the chicken in my portable electric roasting pan. lol. I think fried would be too much for me to do. I will def try those on my own though!!!!

Orzo is a terrific idea, Merstar. thank you!!! Easily made ahead for a cool refreshing salad. I think I will make that the side with the chicken.

Hey guys,
I am making a special dinner for four and was looking for some opinions on my dinner lineup. It has a greek theme. Any input or help is appreciated, especially in the app area with the tomatoes/cucumbers, and the sides for dinner. Thanks so much!

BTW, have missed you guys :) I haven't had the money to cook very well over the last year and a half since my ex fiance and I split up, but things are looking up :) Cheers!!!! :)

Apps:
Saganaki (kefalograviera cheese fried and flambé'd with ouzo/brandy)
small tomatoes halved and hollowed, filled with tzatziki, instead of traditional salad. I may also serve cucumbers topped with a hummus or other "dip" or topping of some kind. Ideas?

Dinner:
Roasted lemon chicken
Asparagus??
Another side?

Dessert:
blueberries or strawberries with a champagne sabayon (egg yolks, sugar and champagne double boiled)
Glad to see you back! Was wondering where you had been. Sorry to hear about the break up. Your ideas sound great. What about some swiss chard "dolmadas" instead of using grape leaves? I would think there would be chard available at the Kingston Farmer's Market (loved going there when I would go to Kingston on "dog" runs).

Hi, Saph! Good to see you back! I think the menu sounds great. You might consider adding garlic and oregano to the chicken; that combo with lemon is quintessentially Greek.

Do you have a dessert in mind? These citrus and spice cookies sound like they would be fun to make: Koulourakia Portokaliou: Citrus & Spice Cookie Twists - http://greekfood.about.com/od/cookiescakes/r/citruscookies.htm

Back
Top Bottom