Dinner for 300 Ladies (somewhat healthy food)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trolleytreats

Assistant Cook
:chef: I am working on putting a dinner for 300 lady's together and need a little help with total amounts of food. Menu Chicken in a Sherry Cream Sauce, (8oz. each)? lightly mashed Red Potatoes with olive oil, shallots, garlic, cabers & chicken broth? Sauted Green Beans & chopped Red & Yellow Peppers with seseme oil and seeds?
side salad will be plated and set at the table with ginger dressing,no idea how much.
I have the desert and drinks worked out.
If you can help me it would be greatly appreaciated! Cindy

I'd say 8 ounces is too large a portion for anyone these days except high school kids! and especially women, and especially with all the go-with's you have planned.

FOUR ounces of protein is what the new FDA pyramid recommends these days, and 6 is standard..... take your pick. :chef:

Chicken - I agree on the chicken portion - for the ladies, 6 oz. portion for dinner (equivalent to one boneless breast half)
Potatoes - Allow for 5 oz. portions - purchase about 90 to 100 pounds of potatoes
Green Beans - 3 oz. portions - about 60 pounds of beans (after trimming)
Basic Mixed Green Salad - 3 oz. portion - purchase 60 pounds of lettuce or mixed greens and allow about 2 tablespoons of dressing per person

AllenMI said:
2 T of salad dressing (or 1 fl oz), per person, for 300 people, is about 2 gallons + 1 qt

Way too much? except that trolley said the salad would be plated at the table with dressing (I assumed on the side)... ? thought she would need to have that much for serving that way.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time and helping me work this dinner out, I needed it. I 'm new in the business and I am not a chef I just love to cook.
Cindy

Thanks to all of you my dinner turned out GREAT!

I had plenty of food left over so I could feed the help.
Every one enjoyed the dinner.
Can't thank you all enough,
Cindy:chef:

Back
Top Bottom