Do you brine your Thanksgiving Turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes.

I always brine my turkeys.

And they are always fabulous!!!!

Brining is absolutely the way to go.

Concur. I have brined my turkeys for at least the last dozen years.

No way to make the more flavorful or juicier. And the left-over turkey remains moist. No other method I know of will result in that.

Always make the brine with citrus, garlic and honey.

Concur. I have brined my turkeys for at least the last dozen years.

No way to make the more flavorful or juicier. And the left-over turkey remains moist. No other method I know of will result in that.

Always make the brine with citrus, garlic and honey.

You are correct, even the breast meat is still moist the next day!

I've never brined a turkey but I'm going to try it this year. That is if I can find room in my fridge to store it while it brines. I've heard it makes for a really tender, flavorful turkey.

I've never brined a turkey but I'm going to try it this year. That is if I can find room in my fridge to store it while it brines. I've heard it makes for a really tender, flavorful turkey.

It will give you a moister and more flavorful turkey. I don't think it will effect the tenderness. Tenderness in a turkey isn't usually an issue.

Brining Caution

As much good as brining does, there is one thing you should remember.

After you take the turkey out of the brine, rinse it thoroughly under running water to rinse off excess salt on the surface of the bird. Rinse inside and out.

If you don't, you run the risk of ending up with very salty gravy.

Luckily it has been cool enough the last couple years so that I could put the bucket on the back deck, there is still a bit of ice in the brine the next day, it usually stayed under 40 degrees. I use a big icing bucket, from the grocery store. I think the mini fridge in the rec room would hold the bucket, if I took out the shelf.

I can only put things outside now that I want to freeze.:LOL: It may be okay in the storage shed and that volume shouldn't freeze overnight.

With so much salt and sugar in a brine, It would have to be well below freezing to effect the brining turkey.

You haven't spent much time in Montana, have you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Most winters we have at least a week of -20 below 0...and winds from the northeast, BRRRRRR!!!!! Even I get cold.:LOL:

I find it interesting how often, those that are the most against brining are often the ones that have never tried it.

Well, that is kind of obvious. They are agoinst it, they will not try it, becasue they are against it. i am against eating cats or dogs, there is no way you will evet talk me into trying it. :LOL:

I never have room in the fridge so I use a cooler and a big ziplock bag as a liner

Well, that is kind of obvious. They are agoinst it, they will not try it, becasue they are against it. i am against eating cats or dogs, there is no way you will evet talk me into trying it. :LOL:

:LOL:
Funny.
so what is the kosher method?

I ended up with quarts more gravy by brining--oh yes we loved that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom