Dream Dinners/Super Suppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to one of these last week with my sister. It is called "Making dinner fun" in our area. There is also a competing place but it's a bit further away. We purchased 6 meals for $99.00. We were able to split the portions between the two of us at no extra charge. The description told us to make room in the freezer ahead of time. We brought foam coolers with us to put our meals in for transport home. The salmon dish we ordered was in a foil pan, all the other dinners were assembled into zip bags.
At our location the food was raw. Each food station contained a recipe to follow, all the ingredients needed, and a label to put on the package with cooking instructions. It was nice because if we didn't like an ingredient, we could leave it out. We were given aprons to wear and instructed to wash our hands after each station. We were offered a soda or bottled water from the refrigerator and a table with snacks if we wanted a break or if the stations were full and we had to wait.
I've made two of the items and they were both very good and I was very satisfied with the quality of the meats. I wouldn't do it for every night's dinner but it was fun and something different. The menu choices were a good change from the same dinners I tend to make over and over.
Since we like what we've had so far......were going to try out the competition's location next time and compare which we like better.
Sher

To me a dream dinner is one where people wait on me and clean up after -- in other words, if I'm paying premium prices, I want a restaurant. The one exception is that we get an annual LobsterGram from my parents for our anniversary. Here in the small town midwest, restaurant lobsters are prohibitive and often not that good, and these packages are to die for. My UPS (or was it FedEx?) man just about died drooling the first time one was delivered. "Are there really real live lobsters in here?" Yup, and real live clams as well. New England in a box. The day it arrives we cancel any and everything and just feast..

A follow up my Mom and Dad went and used the gift certificate.

They had the food prepared for them. They state the food is very
good, but they want more sauce. They were going to go back
and see if they could get more for the next dishes. Otherwise
they were very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom