Easter menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Addie!

You're welcome. I do not care for the ricotta cheese, but I will eat a small piece if offered. And if it has the bread crust I always leave that on the plate.

This pie is very rich. And very expensive to make. You will want to use a spring form pan to make this. Most recipes make a lot. And when eaten after a big holiday meal, you will only want a very thin slice. :angel:

Last edited:
You're welcome. I do not care for the ricotta cheese, but I will eat a small piece if offered. And if it has the bread crust I always leave that on the plate.

This pie is very rich. And very expensive to make. You will want to use a spring form pan to make this. Most recipes make a lot. And when eaten after a big holiday meal, you will only want a very thin slice. :angel:

I would not be making one as big as the recipe makes. I was thinking it would be nice in the pie maker.

I would not be making one as big as the recipe makes. I was thinking it would be nice in the pie maker.

Did you see the list of cold cuts? You could use your own choice of what to use. Then mix them into the ricotta. Most Italians do it in layers. It is a major production in their kitchen. All the family women take a turn doing a layer. and each layer requires a prayer over it, then a blessing. Some women even get a bottle of Holy Water from church and a small sprinkle goes on each layer. Then a small piece of the crust is made in the shape of a cross and placed on the top crust.

But I like your idea better. Just cut the ingredients down, and instead of making layers, mix it in with the ricotta. The recipe as it stands will fill a spring form pan to the top. And it weighs a ton. :angel:

It's okay, I understand Mom Promises. I found a recipe online , can you look at it and see if it is similar?

That isn't very close to my mom's recipe. She used pastry for a 2 crust pie.

I wonder if anyone has ever given those out at Halloween...

Funny you should say that :LOL: my DD DID get Easter peeps and other Easter wrapped/color candies in one of those Halloween goodie bags one year. She threw them out so no clue if they were good.

Yuk. I think we know the answer as to if they were any good, lol.

Did you see the list of cold cuts? You could use your own choice of what to use. Then mix them into the ricotta. Most Italians do it in layers. It is a major production in their kitchen. All the family women take a turn doing a layer. and each layer requires a prayer over it, then a blessing. Some women even get a bottle of Holy Water from church and a small sprinkle goes on each layer. Then a small piece of the crust is made in the shape of a cross and placed on the top crust.

But I like your idea better. Just cut the ingredients down, and instead of making layers, mix it in with the ricotta. The recipe as it stands will fill a spring form pan to the top. And it weighs a ton. :angel:
I use pastry crust, only 3 meats, 3 cheeses and bake in a large pie plate.

That recipe is very over the top in my eyes. BUT Keep in mind different parts of Italy have different traditions and recipes can be VERY different.

Last edited:
Thanks, MsM! I'll do the 3+3 and make something smaller. So, it's Italian meats and cheeses in a pastry crust glued together with ricotta?

Back
Top Bottom